18" wheel options for allroad?

rhys084

Reaction score
As above, what 18" wheels would you recommend?

Problem with at fives is they seem to only be available in 8.5 width and one reason for me having a quattro is so it works when we get snow and i think the 245 tyres would be too wide and compromise the cars snow performance.

I've got a set of 16" with winter 205's on them and 18's with 235 for summer.

Yeah i had considered that, but I wanted my car to look nice with the 18's all year round... :wacko:

Thinking of some 18" RS6 Ronal 8J width. I'm assuming these would need spaces due to the offset being 43(?) vs 25 for the 17" allroad wheels?

I have Ronal RS6 18's and they are ET43. I have 8mm spacers on my A6 and they look better, but if your Allroad offset is 25 then you'll definitely want some!

Allroad has cavernous arches and 18" wheels look lost in there ! Had my fat5 fitted with 25mm hubcentric spacers/adapters and they still looked lost in there !

Genuine RS6 wheels should be the right offset, not lookie likes...You need to be careful at the front that you don't risk fouling the airbag! Even the standard allroad rims don't leave enough clearance for chains!

321354151839 looks like a set on a well known auction site! Assuming they are OEM RS6 alloys of course.....he doesn't state the offset.

Genuine RS6 alloys will be 19". They look like genuine RS6 style ones as fitted to B6/B7 A4's etc.

Would running 235 50 R18 be ok? I know this would mean the overall rolling size is going to be slightly larger, but given the large arches?

Would running 235 50 R18 be ok? I know this would mean the overall rolling size is going to be slightly larger, but given the large arches?

Little bump as to the above, would 18" wheels with a 235 50 tyre be ok and not foul anything or rub?

Ive got s8 18, s on my car.
Tyres are 235 40.
50,s would wont work.
They would catch on suspension arms.

Ive got s8 18, s on my car.
Tyres are 235 40.
50,s would wont work.
They would catch on suspension arms.

hmmmm, have you actually tried it or know for sure? Since my post I did a little research and a table ob allroadFAQ and someone on another forum seem to confirm the 235 50 r18 will fit fine provided a 20mm spaces is used on a wheel with a ET43 offset.

Sorry but another bump. I really need to get to the bottom of this! I want to run an all season tyre with the snow peak symbol instead of separate summer/winter tyres. and the only one in 18" with an appropriate load index is in 235 50 r18. So really need to know for sure if these will or won't fit before i buy the wheels.

Thanks.

Seriously? No one knows for sure if they will fit?

964Russ said they won't fit as they will catch the suspension arms..... your other forum poster said you need 20mm spacers.... I think that gives you your answer?

964Russ is a new member with limited posts so the quality of his advice, with respect, is an unknown quantity, I was hoping a more experienced member could confirm what I have read on other internet sources.

I don't think that the number of posts has anything to do with knowledge or experience. Some people just don't post much.

Look at me, lots of post, I know jack sh!t!

In fairness, it's a pretty specific question, there probably aren't many C5 Allroad owners on here, and probably not many of them who have actually fitted 50 profile tyres to give you a definite answer!

If you really want to go for the 50 profiles you should buy and trial fit them. Worst comes to worst they will catch (immediately obvious) and you can order up a set of hub-centric 20mm spacers. Then you can update this thread and leave a definitive answer for someone searching in the future!

Also, to add my 2 pence relating back to the start of this thread - an extra 1/2" of alloy width outside of a tyre manufacturer's "recommended" tyre size will not cause you a problem. I have run very stretched tyres on wide rims for a Euro look on previous cars, and as I'm sure you'll see elsewhere online thousands of other Euro/drift/stance style owners have too! If that's all that's stopping you I would go for the marginally wider wheel with a set of tyres in the correct size for your application (taking into account clearance and rolling radius etc) but opt for a tyre design with a more pronounced rim protector if you are concerned about rim damage.

I know its an old thread, but recently having checked clearance with stock Allroad wheels (7.5Jx17", ET25) I thought I add my findings to it.
I noticed that there only is approx 10mm clearance to suspension at front, which is main issue. Rear is ok and outside has a bit more space to play with. Which would mean with correct spacing it should be possible to fit 8-8.5" wide wheels?
Anyone fitted something bigger since?

As this was my thread, just to update I ended up with 18" 8 wide OEM Ronal's with a 25mm spacer and 235, 50 R18 tyres and no problems.

Reactions: 6833jon
Fat5 fitted with 235 wide tyres were good on my allroad with 25mm spacers. I then fitted 20" 9" wheels with a ET43 offset and 25mm spacers- no issues there...