waxed my car today

mikeb7

Reaction score
IMG 20140315 174606Very happy with auto glym high definition wax very easy to use and buff makes the phantom black look like glass anybody else like it its got canuba to give it that hi gloss

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, Macdoon, scotty76 and 1 other person
Putting me to serious shame i have all the gear just not getting the time to do it, my car is a disgrace just now :(

Reactions: ukphillad
Lol its hard work keeping it up to scratch so to speak. Do a panel at a time no excuses now

Looks good. Yes heard that and blackfire was mentioned to be a good bet, think you just to have a good clean base and then thin coats of a canuba, worth. It though

a good clay bar session makes the world of difference, I also do the 2 bucket wash system and microfiber drying towels not chamois
I usually do black hole 2 coats, exp sealer 2 coats, then blue nattys paste 2 coats and it looks and feels amazing

Looks like it pays Steve makes my four coats sound a bit lightweight lol

Reactions: steve wallace
Poorboys Black hole is a good product that has fillers, so in effect it masks the swirl marks instead of removing them, will last a few months before they show back through.....but its a good product if you bare that in mind.
AutoFinesse Tripple is also good as an all in 1 product but again is a filler instead of removing swirls ect.

The best way to remove them completely if you want to is by DA or Rotory and using something like Megs 105/205 and a yellow pad.....

ive been using auto glym high def great product along with poor boys but as of late ive been using

Harley wax

outstanding stuff

Audi a4

A good clean inside and out

Attachments

• IMG_20140323_121634.jpg
    IMG_20140323_121634.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 218
This is mine in soft 99 authentic a japanese wax ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395558504877983ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395558522710396
Poorboys stuff is brilliant. As easy to take of in hot sun as the shade

I use Poorboys Black Hole & Nattys Paste n get amazing Results ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395660862846499

I've never tried using a polish. I'm a bit nervous about doing more harm than good. I generally clay the car once a year (it's about due now), two-bucket wash it once a week (soemtimes twice) and wax it with Meguiar's Gold Class every couple of months or so.

I doubt you will do any harm if you are hand polishing..

My A4 is a bit of a mess.. looks good from a distance.. but lots of scratches/dings and stone chips. If I do give it the full treatment I usually use some chemical brothers glaze/and Collinite wax.

Maybe the Poorboys blackhole would be good to hide some of the marks on the morra blue paintwork..

cheers

Matt

My recommendation would be for angel wax products.

I use Dark Angel on mine - smells lovely and leaves my car looking like a mirror - makes me glad i've not got metallic paint when i see how mine comes up.

Speak to Brodster on here (Brotek boss man) if you fancy getting some.