What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

Fitted Denso K20TT spark plugs THEN removed them again when it started misfiring, back to the old ones till I get some decent replacements! DON'T EVER BUY THESE PLUGS, absolute rubbish!

Reactions: DrStrange
72ed564548cfffc065c78d02b4584316.jpg

Only tool one picture. But after having the dis enabled for a few weeks I felt like I was cheating on the system and fitted the sensor to the washer bottle and finished the wiring that I had started when I thought about the dis retrofit.
No one will ever see it or even know the job taken but I'll know it's there and can have piece of mind now..
Next up.. Auto open boot. Parts on the way..
Can't wait..

Semedo_B6

had a bust time with the a4. ive fitted the full size washer resevior, rather than the make shift one that i made. aloso fitted the hadlamp wash sub loom. all went back togther with fresh bolts. also fitted the 6 disc unit into my spare glove box. also added a carbon covered glove box handle that i took from the a4 that i broke.

Attachments

• Picture 1885.jpg
    Picture 1885.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 225
  • Picture 1886.jpg
    Picture 1886.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Picture 1887.jpg
    Picture 1887.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Picture 1889.jpg
    Picture 1889.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 236
  • Picture 1890.jpg
    Picture 1890.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Picture 1891.jpg
    Picture 1891.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 235
  • Picture 1892.jpg
    Picture 1892.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 210
Trying to diagnose this sound:

It is related to AC on/off. It started after a 20 min drive, and went away immediately when turning AC off. It is RPM-dependent.

Compressor dying?

There it is.. All fitted and working. Just thought it was a tad faster.. But hey.. Love it..

Semedo_B6

Reactions: jimbob79, mattmanwrx, DrStrange and 4 others
I have..
The only thing is I used 07 passat/jetta hinges as suggested on the American audi forum.

Semedo_B6

Ah I see yeh I thought it would of been quicker but it does the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The struts and the hinges which already had the springs on them..
Otherwise the springs is something you'll need to buy too..
And after being fitted it works like a charm..
Oh.. Something I don't have yet..
The plastic cover for the wires to keep them from breaking..

Semedo_B6

Didnt take pics but got the CT sensor housing replaced, bit off a ball ache compared to my B5 one due to all the extra SAI and stuff but took me roughly 1.5hrs glad i wont be doing that anytime soon also noticed the valve cover gasket needs replacing so thats on the 'to-do' list after i get my timing belt/water pump replaced.

I got this fitted yesterday.
Was postponing buy this until one of my Instagram followers got this for me.. Look well I think..

Semedo_B6

Reactions: Mothy69
done a bit with the a4 this arfternoon. i removed all the trims from around the screen. what a ****** mess, then removed the wiper linkage and the ecu box, cleaned all the crud and muck of the fire wall. give it a quick polish, refitted the refurbed wiper linkage that i did in the week. everthing went back toghter with new nuts and bolts. 2 of the clips that hold the schuttle panel on where missing, so made up my own way of making it secure, and finally repainted the wiper arms.

Attachments

• Picture 1893.jpg
    Picture 1893.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture 1894.jpg
    Picture 1894.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 199
  • Picture 1895.jpg
    Picture 1895.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 1896.jpg
    Picture 1896.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Picture 1897.jpg
    Picture 1897.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 1898.jpg
    Picture 1898.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 1900.jpg
    Picture 1900.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 1903.jpg
    Picture 1903.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Picture 1904.jpg
    Picture 1904.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 1905.jpg
    Picture 1905.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: SemedoB6, D9n dk and Kieren
done a bit with the a4 this arfternoon. i removed all the trims from around the screen. what a ****** mess, then removed the wiper linkage and the ecu box, cleaned all the crud and muck of the fire wall. give it a quick polish, refitted the refurbed wiper linkage that i did in the week. everthing went back toghter with new nuts and bolts. 2 of the clips that hold the schuttle panel on where missing, so made up my own way of making it secure, and finally repainted the wiper arms.

Nice job mate that's one thing I need to do with mine give my wipers a little kick of black paint I'll do them the same time I'll do my front grills

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
hi friends, done more on the audi today the front anti roll bar bushes and links where replaced, all the nuts and bolts where replaced, and the ones for the links where treated to copper grease on the threads, and everything was torqued up to the correct settings including the wheel bolts, then it all went down hill when i tried the concert 2 headunit. but still had a busy day.

Attachments

• Picture 1909.jpg
    Picture 1909.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Picture 1910.jpg
    Picture 1910.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 1911.jpg
    Picture 1911.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Picture 1914.jpg
    Picture 1914.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Picture 1913.jpg
    Picture 1913.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 1912.jpg
    Picture 1912.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 1917.jpg
    Picture 1917.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 1916.jpg
    Picture 1916.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: jamesv6tdi, Icarus83 and SemedoB6
This is my new rust free wing & dent free door on my v6 2.5tdi. I got the bumper sprayed up to as it was marked up & paint cracked on one corner

So this week someone has scored my nearside passenger door from midway back & creasing my rear arch too. It looked like new for 2 weeks.. slightly peed

Pain in the posterior or not too hard? Is that out of an S4? Looks good!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thanks &
Ok - I'll come clean. I went to a local t5 transporter customising place & they replaced it. They intended to reuse the original but the backing was perished. So nowTechnically it's dark grey interior carpet - I went for a shade darker than the original. I'm happy with it & it's no longer sitting on my head

Reactions: Icarus83
Haven't done it yet but para are ordered for cruise..
Since I've done the dis retrofit it's only fair to do the cruise to complement the cockpit..
I can see mfsw in the cards after this..

Semedo_B6

Reactions: Icarus83
What did i do to my b6 today?

Well after a lovely day in the sunshine at work i come home after patiently waiting for weeks to start wet flatting my whole car, i start to wet flat it and it starts raining!

Not impressed!

cfa515a071f932801d39c5a62012c1a4.jpg

Since I've done the dis retrofit it's only fair to do the cruise to complement the cockpit..

Semedo_B6

Let me know if you want the part numbers to fit a newest generation mfsw with a correct airbag for your b6......

78e2ccc4b8b59822edc68102a4e99cc6.jpg

Semedo_B6

Thanks. I don't like those with the round centre.
I'll put the b7 one. I think I have the part number. If not I'll give you a shout. Thanks.

Sent from my LENNY using Tapatalk

Thanks. I don't like those with the round centre.
I'll put the b7 one. I think I have the part number. If not I'll give you a shout. Thanks.

Sent from my LENNY using Tapatalk
Cool, no worries.....for reference, the b7 mfsw has a dual stage airbag that isn't compatible with your single stage airbag controller. There might be one off another model that is though.

Cool, no worries.....for reference, the b7 mfsw has a dual stage airbag that isn't compatible with your single stage airbag controller. There might be one off another model that is though.

But it will still go off in a crash, so no worries..
The dual stage is a high speed and low speed, the B6 only got high speed

But it will still go off in a crash, so no worries..
The dual stage is a high speed and low speed, the B6 only got high speed
There are several American forums that report some guys who have carried out that mod have had significant accidents and the airbag system fails to deploy. The airbag controller senses a system fault and disables itself I think. When I fitted mine I checked the measuring blocks in VCDS and the new audi a1/a3/q3 one read the same as my original.

Also I'm not sure how you would work out which of the two connections on the dual airbag was the high speed deploy....?

I spent a lot of time looking into the different options and the airbag I selected had been tested by an American tuner in a b6. Will see if I can find the thread again....