What do ya think ??

C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I saw this 2.0TFSi Quattro S-Line while browsing Auto trader. It looks like a decent price and I love the colour (Misano I'm sure..)

What do ya think??

I'm thinking of arranging a test drive - I'm intrigued to see how this drives compared with my standard 225 S3. Has anyone changed their S3 for one of these? Any major drawbacks/plus points?

...... or do I wait for the new S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also, note the 'Audi engine chipping' in the advert. Are dealers providing remaps now??

Cheers,

Chris.

A3TFSiQuatty.jpg

have you tried speccing up a car so a similar level on audi.co.uk? Would be interesting to see what it would have been new.

I think Audi dealers have been offering a mod service for a while, though i'm not sure Audi UK approve, I remember a colleague getting new 1.8 A6 5 or 6 years ago and the dealer superchipping it

[ QUOTE ]
have you tried speccing up a car so a similar level on audi.co.uk? Would be interesting to see what it would have been new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I had a look - about £24k OTR........

Not a bad buy for the money, if you wait for the S3,stick another 8K on top. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well spotted Mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And it's got alcantara/leather, not an S-line then, so no Misano either.

But still a nice buy.

[ QUOTE ]
not an S-line then, so no Misano either.

[/ QUOTE ]

The add says brilliant red so that'll be a clue then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I had a 2.0TFSI DSG S-Line as a loaner from a warranty repair.

my main gripes were the DSG dumping the clutch and the front-end handled like a boat.

Other than that, the car seemed fast (not as fast as my standard s3 though), and was very comfortable.

I reckon that in a manual, and with quattro, this car would be a very very nice car.....

take a test drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Defo an S-line - the Ad is wrong. Donkey dealer!

I had a look at the car today, its got the 18s, S-line seats and body kit etc.

I didn't have time to quiz the salesfolk about why they are so stupid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So, now that it IS an S-Line, how does the price look???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not an S-line then, so no Misano either.

[/ QUOTE ]

The add says brilliant red so that'll be a clue then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

S-Line can still be brilliant Red you know....... well, according to Audi.co.uk

Thats not what I meant, how can it be Misano when the add says its brilliant red... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I must admit mine IS Misano, but if I had to order and pay the extra £500? over a Brilliant red one I would think twice, people looking at mine have been amazed when I tell them its metallic, it only shows up under sunlight or when your about 6 inches away!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now knock about 10% off for the discount you would get. Is £20k such a good price?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now knock about 10% off for the discount you would get. Is £20k such a good price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Although having said that, £20k is a really good price considering what Audi dealers are asking - between £21k and £25k. That makes buying new very attractive (which is probably their intent). Year 2 and onwards is where depreciation kicks in: dealer forecourt prices of course, not what they will give you - you're always shafted there, no matter the year!

The problem is though when you have a P/X, I went through the exact same thing, the Audi dealers that would give me a 10% discount on a new car also knocked more than that off my Audi A3 P/X when compared to athe dealers that were not offering 10% , Looking at Autorader to sell mine privately revealed that people were asking lower than what I had been offered P/X from the dealer with the 10% offer! I just bit the bullet in the end and did a vey similar thing to what you are thinking of. If you have no P/X a new one with 10% is the way forward