Turtle Wax Black Box.

Dimbers

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, new to Audi (previously a merc man ) but most importantly new to black car ownership

I've recently purchased an A4 Avant B8 in Phantom Black. I like to keep a clean car ( like everyone ) but don't have time for hardcore detailing / polishing. Has anyone got any experience of this Turtle Wax black box kit on their black cars. It looks reasonably quick and easy to apply. I'm hoping it will give the paint the protection that it needs, say if done twice a year or so, whilst sorting out those blemishes, swirls and fine scratches.

Anyone used it ?

Any other tips or tricks for keeping a black car clean ?

Thanks

D.

Keep it in the garage and don't drive it? :laugh:

Seriously though I have had a go at the product you mention on my last car which was a phantom black 2006 Astra and you know what it was ok, like a lot of consumer grade off the shelf products it no doubt has a lot of filler in it but on a car with light scratches etc the results were actually pretty good, only used it once mind before my brother pinched it from me and after that just stuck with an occasional non-aggressive clay bar (bilt and hamber) followed up with a semi decent polish and then wax, been a good fan of dodo juice for a while, purple haze might suit yours or supernatural, even autoglym HD looked pretty good on my black car as well for durability.

remember polish makes it shine wax protects, 2 different things entirely, if your just starting out with how to use applicators and stuff it's not a bad thing to experiment with until you progress to getting a bit braver with clay and real polish/wax but you wont really save much time versus doing it properly once you get into it and it will last a bit longer, happy polishing anyway whatever you decide.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the reply. After reading a large number of positive reviews elsewhere on the internet I've went ahead and bought a kit from Halfords at £24.99. When I eventually get round to using it I'll put up some before and after photographs and give it a review here. Black is a popular colour for Audi, let's face it, our cars look best in black ; ) so I'm sure others would be interested in this kit. Just surprised no one else here has tried it.

D.