Fitted a double din unit in my prefacelift S4 B5

S4Steve

Reaction score
Ever since i bought the S4 i wanted to fit a double din navigation unit to it and bring the car up to date. I considered the Audi rns-e to retrofit but would then need to get a facelift console and all the associated bits. The problem for me was having to locate a console in the right colour, and also i rather like the prefacelift hvac double screen setup and big chunky switches. So here is my solution to the problem, convert the prefacelift console to double din and relocate the hvac controls down to where the ash tray would normally sit. My head unit of choice is the Alpine ICS-X8 which allows me to have hands free calling and use mirrorlink via my phone to use apps on the screen of the head unit, this means i can use co-pilot sat nav from my phone and integrate it into the cars sound system. Anyway here are the pics of progress so far, its not finished yet as i intend to paint the facia black. Uploadfromtaptalk1395600418243Uploadfromtaptalk1395600478950Uploadfromtaptalk1395600512911

nice job of rebuilding the fascia
let me know how you get on with the mirrorlink function as ive heard its a little bit limited

Seems to be working great so far , can control music , satnav all on the head unit screen, displays my facebook chat messages too.Not tried any other apps as yet though.

Its the stock sat nav , still works but is woefully out of date