mileage change

nugnah1

Reaction score
can vagcom be used to change milage, so if installing new clocks to keep the milage history.

cheers jason

never actually used vagcom but i'd be surprised if you could, otherwise it would be open to all kinds of missuse.

I though if you were doing this type of stuff you had to notify DVLA so the change and mileage details are recorded propoerly.

I'm no expert though..

It's documented somewhere that you can change the mileage but only advancing it. So for example if you where to fit a new set of clocks you could set the mileage to be the same.

J.

There a post somewhere on hear about this. The only way for it to be done is by the dealer.

Cheers

Rusty

milage can be changed only once per cluster. Once this has been set, it cannot be changed, and you must buy a new cluster if you want to change it again easily.

If you wanted to amend them afterwards, I'd imagine it would involve some dismatling of the cluster then desoldering and reprogramming the IC's.

Sorry for having to bring this thread up, but is it illegal to have a purely KM dash while having my car in the uk? I cant seem to find any info on dvla and vosa's website.

I'll be planning to export the vehicle within a year, and they dont use imperial mesurements there. It'd be great if I can get any confirmation quick and hope my dealer could ammend my order. (I just ordered a car last week). Dvla and vosa is a little slow on the reply side I'm afraid.

Else, I'll have to get a new cluster when I'm leaving, and pay the foreign dealer to install it :(

If you get the full DIS, it comes with a digital speedo which you can configure to show mph or km/h.

I don't believe it is illegal to have only kilometers on the speedo, however you won't be able to use that as an excuse if you get pulled over by the police.

MarcQuinlivan said:
If you get the full DIS, it comes with a digital speedo which you can configure to show mph or km/h.

There's only one type of DIS available for the 8P S3 I'm afraid. Or am I wrong?