tyre noise b7 18"

slinegomer

Reaction score
Could someone possibly tell me what tyres my car came out the factory fitted with .
My car is fitted with horrible cheap tyres and the sound it makes is like its fitted with off road tyres .
Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you checked your spare wheel? Mine had never been touched, and it's on a Bridgestone Potenza tyre. So I presume from that that the car left the factory on Bridgestones.

235/40/18 sometimes budget tyres sound like this. Even if their the right sizes.

Some of the better tyre websites give you the EU ratings and the official db level from tests. I have Continental Sport 5's on 17's and although they are a sh@t hot tyre....I actually think they are noisier than my Kumho 19's. A good branded tyre watever you choose will be an improvement I am sure.
Download 1

Good Luck
A

I've got a brand i have never heard of Triangle .....

I've just recently bought b7 which has cheap tyres on the rear, and its first I thought I had wheel bearings which was on its was out, but luckly not its was the noise of cheap rubber on road.

Just switched from toyo t1 sports to continentals sport contact5s and i dont like them ,car feels more squirmy like the sidewalls aren't as stiff also seem noisier.Toyos are good tyre i wish i had stuck with them but the contis were cheaper.

Swapped budget for Conti sport contact 5s. Very pleased with them.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I reckon I will go for the conti's

Falken ZE912 (or 914, the newer version) have always been pretty quiet on my A4s. Am now on Dunlop Sport Maxx RTs. The ratings say they're quiet, but they're not especially so. They are great tyres, though.

Reactions: scotty76
Still have triangle cheap ***** tyres on mine and they sound awful!! Even had the wheel bearings checked out as they were that noisy! Conti sport sp5's for me next payday.

QUOTE=tut_gareth;2127044]Still have triangle cheap ***** tyres on mine and they sound awful!! Even had the wheel bearings checked out as they were that noisy! Conti sport sp5's for me next payday.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Gareth you've said what I need to know Triangle tyres are *****..

Reactions: tut_gareth
The OE tyre on the 18inch DTMs

Was Dunlop Sportmaxx Directional and some had the Conti Sport Contact 3's

If you want something decent and very reasonable price.

The Vredestein Vorti is a very good tyre and very well priced.

Thou I would ask if you have FWD or Quattro

Reactions: A4_MaJiK and V6 Quatt
I've found out my tyres triangle ****e edition cost £55 each and the road noise rating must be at least 115db. Lol

There horrible its like driving and landrover from 1960 lol

Not great but by the end of next week I will be buying new tytes , discs and pads for front and rear and a service including sump off to check the hex shaft

I just fitted Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 track based 245/40/18 tyres actually quietest tyres I've ever had, the stickiest for sure and a bargain at £550 delivered instead of £850! Ebay seller decided to break his Impreza STI after engine bust, he'd only just bought the tyres new and run them 300 miles! With 8mm tread new, they seem a brilliant choice. They're actually very comfortable too, I was really surprised! It seems butterflies find them very warm too!

My winter wheels run Conti Winter Contact 830P tyres which are softer, a little noisier, but grip in wet/ice is surreal. Basically, I hardly slow down, whatever the poor weather!

2014 03 26 6501

Last edited:
my quality triangle tyres have got to go they are shocking i mean really bad

my quality triangle tyres have got to go they are shocking i mean really bad

Along with discs and pads.....tyres are parts of my car that I have always been a little bit too fussy about. Apart from potentially saving your life and improving your mpg, they are such an important aspect of your car.....and with a half decent car brand like an Audi, why the f%ck would you ever want to try and be cheap buying budget tyres....just a false economy!....I understand if you were pratted and struggled to afford good tyres.....but then maybe if someone was in that position, they would need to consider downsizing to something cheaper like Dacia! hahaha Joking aside, I think you'll never regret buying a good branded tyre over a budget one!

Maybe Dunlop sport max rt I think, they get a good reviews