A3/S3 Photos Thread

Nice 3D wallpaper :)
Sorry, I just don't understand what is on the last picture :)

What you see is the part of the spoiler glued on the back door of the car....taken from the corner of the spoiler down to the right...Ok VERY up close and personal...haha

19073142 1026510537483894 776189932 o

Reactions: dp_motley
Okay. Now I see what it is, even on the previous picture :)
And I see one small detail. I see a tiny border at the very rear end of the spoiler. It lifts the spoiler edge above the hatch making a little gap. My question would rather be addressed to your fitters. Would it be possible to glue the spoiler a little further to the front of the car putting the edge of the spoiler inside the crack between the roof and the hatch? This way the rest of the spoiler body would lay flat on the hatch without the gap. I realise it would require some modification. How hard or soft is the spoiler plastic? Would it be possible to file or cut it?

Yes it's possible to do some trimming with the material. As they say it's ABS so it could handle some abuse, but im not so sure if the fitting will be as symetrical. It will demand an expert that has done such modifications before in my opinion. I pushed it from the back as I could onto the old ''spoiler'' ( basically the metal of the back door ).
Hope I helped.....and wish it won't go off above 240km/h.....:haha:

It shouldn't go off if it was glued with some quality glue. Fingers are crossed :)

I have a question regarding your headlights. You and I ride European cars (you are in Greece?). Am I right? I was involved in an accident last week and my car needs some new parts (a wing, a hood, a bumper, a headlight, etc.) I decided to convert to bi-xenon headlights and a s-line bumper as I had to replace them anyway. But I have troubles to choose the right headlights. I need ones with automatic levelling but without curve light functionality. Is this the type of a headlight that you got for your car? Would you mind sharing the part numbers for both left and right headlight?

If you are looking for the right type of headlight you should take off the broken one and with its code you should order the ones you need original or not.
You should take into consideration when you order the headlights that you should request the right handed version.

Last edited:
I have halogens, so the numbers are different. I want to convert to bi-xenon. You did this conversion. Am I wrong?

Yes but the headlights are for OEM conversion so no coding was necessary.....
Plug and play!!!!

Perhaps I express myself wrong :) I'm searching for the right OEM part numbers for the headlights. The numbers are located on top of the headlights like on a picture below. The UK and European cars have different headlights and they aren't interchangeable. You have the same headlight as I need, that's why I asked you about the OEM part numbers. On the picture below you can see that this headlight has a part number of 8P0 941 004 BE. What part number is written on yours?

Bi xenon headlight

I will check and notify in the day if possible for the OEM part from mine.

Mine after a lengthy clean.
IMG 20170611 153929
IMG 20170611 145730

Reactions: mookster, Reddaddy67, eddom1971 and 3 others
Its nice having to slightly different examples side by side in the pics as well.

Black roof and front grille surround as well as tinted windows add a nice contrast to the silver color.

Yeah they do. But unfortunately my tints are not factory and were put on by the previous owner ( fitted for him) unfortunately they are starting to peal so just another thing on the list.

Just gave mine a quick clean and wax with king of gloss
IMG 0448

Reactions: mookster, eddom1971 and S.
Just a few of my black s.line

Changed DRLs for LEDs added heko wind deflectors . Headlight bulbs changed for nightbreakers . not sure about them though not white enough for me .
Interior lights swapped for LEDs .LED number plate lights..
Astray delete done.
Footwell/puddle and warning lights installed. Just need them activating .

Paint needs a bit of attention here and there . Few stone chips on bonnet and front bumper and a bit of lacquer peel.
Going in for a full detail and paint repair when i get the cash together.

cheers

eddo
20170617 120530   Copy
20170617 120544   Copy
20170617 120559   Copy
20170617 120619   Copy

Just a few of my black s.line

Changed DRLs for LEDs added heko wind deflectors . Headlight bulbs changed for nightbreakers . not sure about them though not white enough for me .
Interior lights swapped for LEDs .LED number plate lights..
Astray delete done.
Footwell/puddle and warning lights installed. Just need them activating .

Paint needs a bit of attention here and there . Few stone chips on bonnet and front bumper and a bit of lacquer peel.
Going in for a full detail and paint repair when i get the cash together.

cheers

eddo
I've done this too: LED DRL, nightbreakers (not white enough for me too), interior & numberplate LEDs. Now I'm changing to bi-xenons and s-line bumper (scared to think of a coming bill).

BTW, speaking on the lights activation. My last and biggest mode so far was an interior swap from SE to S-line with S3 door cards. The new door cards have the puddle lights installed, but they don't work. Should I activate them only or they require extra wiring?

As far as i know you should just be able to activate your puddle lights with vcds if all the wiring is connected up the right way .

cheers

eddo

From start to finish, thought I'd share mine with you all
IMG_20170619_211037_640_zpsee37alex.jpg

Reactions: S. and a3 turbp
its a film on the inside . looks really nice
Looks stunning in stealth mode :) Can you tell more of the film? What film is it (link)? How did you put it inside? I mean how did you disassembly the headlight? I didn't know it was possible. I'm in process of upgrading to bi-xenon and new headlights is still in the box, so I think I have a good possibility to tint them before installation. But using the right film is important.

Also, what film did you use for the rear lights?

Looks stunning in stealth mode :) Can you tell more of the film? What film is it (link)? How did you put it inside? I mean how did you disassembly the headlight? I didn't know it was possible. I'm in process of upgrading to bi-xenon and new headlights is still in the box, so I think I have a good possibility to tint them before installation. But using the right film is important.

Also, what film did you use for the rear lights?

It's just Lamin-X mate, nothing special, just a film you stick on the outside of the lights

http://www.lamin-x.com/

I've heard of the Lamin-x. I also read that lamin-x can damage the headlight (I saw pictures of spiderweb cracks). But @Audi-Power said he had film inside the headlight.
Never heard of putting film on the inside, seems like a lot of time and effort just to smoke your lights just to find after sealing them back up and testing that there too dark and don't let enough light through.

Hi guys wanted to share some pics of my 62 plate s3 which I'm in love with.

Sorry for the pictures will take the car out when I get a chance and post better pics.

Attachments

• IMG-20170701-WA0030.jpg
    IMG-20170701-WA0030.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG-20170701-WA0029.jpg
    IMG-20170701-WA0029.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG-20170701-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20170701-WA0027.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG-20170701-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20170701-WA0026.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 416
Reactions: dp_motley and Spiezels
Looks the same colour as mine. Not sure what the actual name is but I love it too.

Changes shade with the weather its ace.

daa068b18090f6b420d9170126733692.png

Reactions: A5-MOE and dp_motley
Is it the same colour or does yours have a slightly darker shade. Lovely looking car you have there mate

Is it the same colour or does yours have a slightly darker shade. Lovely looking car you have there mate

Think it maybe, just mines taken on an over caste day.

The difference on a sunny or cloudy day is mad.

Thanks mate!