Lumpy on Idle - 2012 Audi

mugshot

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive booked in my car for Monday because I noticed that when idle the car is lumpy turning over, it almost feels like a diesel engine when it is actually a petrol. The car is a 62 plate Audi A4 S-line Black Edition 1.8 TFSI and only had a service 2 months ago (done 4000 miles since then). Anyone got any ideas?

Well couldn't wait until Monday as it felt worse, got out the RAC under the Audi warranty and the guy said its a coil gone causing the engine to misfire. The issue is that the management light never came on and this even surprised the RAC guy. Just waiting for an Audi dedicated guy from RAC to come and fix a new coil now...hopefully will be here tonight, if not tomorrow AM.

If you got the car from Main dealer ring then straight away and speak to the service manager! They will get somebody to drive a courtesy car to you and they will collect your car if necessary. I wouldn't want a RAC mechanic touch any of my engine. You will be looked after, trust me lol

Or call Audi UK customer services. They're very helpful at getting this sorted! 0800 699888

Reactions: ScottishA4B9