Advice on updating your address details

Jameze

James
Reaction score
What do I NEED to change when moving house?

I'd rather keep everything registered to my parents' house so that there's no chance of me forgetting to update it again when I eventually move to another rented house. They live down the road so getting my post regularly isn't an issue. I'd just rather important letters didn't get into the hands of the next tenant should I forget to change something back (bank details etc).

My insurance will need to be changed, as will my Driving License I assume. Does my V5C NEED to be changed? Or can that stay as my parents' address.

Until I actually buy a house then I'd rather everything kept going to them for convenience and security.

Is there anything else major?

I believe it all legally needs to be changed, drivers license and V5C.

Thing is if something was to happen and it came to insurance, the first thing they would do is try and avoid payment and what better than 'you didnt advise us etc'....plus you will be parking in a different location too wont you?

Yeah I figured the driver's licence would need to match the insurance details at the new address, just wasn't sure about the V5C and anything else I might have forgotten about.