Convert to Aero or not??

slakkbladder

Reaction score
Morning all..... Sat here looking out at my A4 (Still unnamed), through the Saharan dust and smog and can't decide whether to change the wipers to Aero or just replace as standard. Anyone got any thoughts or experience with this please? :salute:

Aeros look good, but to be honest i don't think they are as efficient as the old skool ones.

It all comes down to personal choice really if you want looks or practicality, however an option you could use, which I do now it Rain X the windscreen, so you dont really need to use the wipers as much.

Rain X is good stuff. I used to use it on my visor when I was a fully paid up member of the two wheel organ donars.

Reactions: MooLard
I use nanolex or gtechniq for my windscreen and never use my wipers

Reactions: slakkbladder
Been using Rain X for years, super stuff. Added a set of Bosch aero wipers 3 years ago and they are still working perfectly. The normal Bosch wipers required changing every year without fail. :(

rain-x is brilliant stuff, rarely need my wipers after giving it a treatment. which reminds me i haven't treated my new windscreen yet!

Thanks for all the replies, will probably stick with old skool and treat the windscreen with some rain x.

I've run genuine aero wipers on my Passat and S3 for 10 years, and I'll go with the same opinion as Nilz on this. Anything upto 70mph they are great, but after, they lift off the screen on the down sweep.

Aeros look good, but to be honest i don't think they are as efficient as the old skool ones.

Of course, to combat this, RainX is the way forward!

Reactions: Nilz
I've run genuine aero wipers on my Passat and S3 for 10 years, and I'll go with the same opinion as Nilz on this. Anything upto 70mph they are great, but after, they lift off the screen on the down sweep.

:wtf:

:confused: wow.... I thought the main point of Genuine Bosch Aero wipers was to stop this happening.

My £4 fake ebay aero ones have worked very well for the past 3 months and I was only going to switch to genuine for the proper look of Aero's with the arm blades.

If they work less efficiently, then I think I will stick with the £4 ebay ones! lol

No difference mate, its just that the arms looks a bit more slicker than the standard ones that are on there.