I need a switched live point on car

bradh

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Guys I'm fitting an aftermarket head unit and as the audi is so backwards I need to add a switched live into my stereo plug to make it work are there any switched live point behind the dash that I can tap into or make work. With a new cable and fuse

And help really helpful as loosing will to live with head units lol

cheers andy i have decided to go another route iv brought a mini fuse splitter with a 90 degree plug on it and have tapped into a fuse thats not used and ill get my switched live that way

gotta say never so much hassle fitting a head unit to a car before !!! i even sent caraudiodirect and email they said i needed a certain version of the adaptor kit with costs £30 i then asked about the live power feed issuse and they said i would still need to add it so i brought the £20 auto leads jobby from halfords with works with my car and ill add the power to this one!!!

Many cars now don't have a switched live fed to the OE head unit, instead they only have a permanent live feed and a CAN bus connection - and it's messages on the CAN bus when you turn the ignition on/off or unlock the car that turn the OE head unit on/off.

It's what the future is going to be...

I took a live to a relay and powered the relay with a fine red wire from the ignition. So it only turned the power off when you took out the key.

well its all backwards to how im use to lol all in and working now just need my ****** double din facia kit to turn up should of been hear today!! arrrr

Which cable did you get from Halfords? Cause I'm looking into getting and aftermarket hu.

Which cable did you get from Halfords? Cause I'm looking into getting and aftermarket hu.

one i got was pc9-401 your in redditch i see halfords had 1 more left on the shelf!!

but to make sure u get right one my advant has double din with rear sub u will still need to add a switch live to the head unit wiring if u need any help drop me a pm ill show you how to do it :)