Bye Bye S3, S4 Avant Pending

Tay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well after just less than 2 years of ownership, my S3 has now gone :( as great a car as it has been for me, it had simply become too small for the expanding family.

But I'm not going over to the dark side, I'm planning on buying an S4 Avant in the not so distance future, depending on availability and lead times.

Has anyone else made the same switch in the past and how have they found it to live with?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396563929694354

I'm about to make the switch to S5 as the thought of a supercharger, extra cylinders and a slightly larger platform (& sports diff) was too much to ignore. I did try out an S4 demo car first and it felt very good so sure you'll enjoy the switch.

I'm in a similar boat, Tay... baby on the way, and currently have an 07 S3 in black :laugh:

Unfortunately im in no position to go for an S4, so decided on sticking with the S3 and putting up with the awkward baby seat scenario.

Ideally, next i'll go for an S3 5 door, or better stil.... RS3 would be perfect.

Reactions: RedDejavu
I just came out of a B6 S4, but interior space wise, the S3 Sportback is identical I reckon.

B8 S4 will give more space no doubt, but both my kids are 8 and 5, so I've got a couple more years at least before I need to worry about a larger car with more interior space.