2014 Updates :)

ESD1711

Reaction score
Well, things finally starting to take shape for 2014....!! The pile of car bits seems to grow bigger by the day!!

This is turning in to a year of big spending for things that will go largely un-noticed by joe blogs on the street..... But those are the changes are the ones I like best!

6A93FC97-E17B-4D57-A818-C64E75EF24DF_zpsixy9vkcw.jpg

170 style rear valance sitting waiting to go on. It's since been painted and will get fitted along with a custom stainless back box.

504F9794-34FE-4EE0-BBE6-7DB6AA3E15DE_zpsvjcppxac.jpg

Finally got my hands on an RS4 grill.... Paid a bit more than I had hoped but thems the blows. Surround will get wrapped in flat black like my old one and the black rings swapped over too.

1C2E64AF-04E0-46FD-9A9E-E6108186CFF4_zpsrsffr5mr.jpg

RS4 style fog surrounds sitting waiting to be finished off and fitted to go with the main grill. These came courtesy of Bez on here - top bloke.

34422149-3A6E-46CE-8CB8-22CCF8F8E3A3_zpsytg0n5zk.jpg

Small subtle one, but B6 concealed cigarette lighter from Dunc also sitting waiting to go in.

On top of all that, front bumpers been away getting painted - no more stone chips.

Also waiting on a B6 S4 roof lining and interior plastics coming.... Bye bye grey trim, hello black.

Got myself a black roof box sat here that I'm gonna experiment with as well!

Heap and heaps to be done, and all at the very worst time given I ruptured my Achilles a couple weeks back..... 12 week stint in plaster and on crutches is NOT what I needed!!

Car will be at Early Edition next weekend in some shape or form if anyone's gonna be there..... Gonna be a busy old week!!!!

Pics to follow as bits appear on the car :)

Reactions: glasgowA4, DuncVolvoTurbo, DieselJake and 2 others
Looks like you going to be busy, look forward to the pics. :) x

good plans, i get mine back from bodyshop ready for early edition cant wait :D

also i was bidding on the b6 lighter thing u did me over haha :D

good plans, i get mine back from bodyshop ready for early edition cant wait :D

Whoops sorry dude! I dived in at the last minute on that one :)

Will need to keep an eye out for you at Early, would love to see yours in the flesh.... I'll come say hello if I spot you :)

Will need to keep an eye out for you at Early, would love to see yours in the flesh.... I'll come say hello if I spot you :)

haha no worries a banged a cheeky bid in last few mins then got knocked off haha :)

yeah should be there having a walk round with the camera so might see ya bruv

Reactions: ESD1711
Looking forward to seeing those pics pal :beerchug:

Any ideas how to fit that B6 flip cig lighter??
I have one myself and i can't see no way of fitting it rather than start cutting into the console.

Sorry bud, I didn't see your PM on here until it was too late.

Glad to see it went to a good home. You got a bargain too, cause it cost me £17 and came all the way from Poland.

Any ideas how to fit that B6 flip cig lighter??
I have one myself and i can't see no way of fitting it rather than start cutting into the console.

Not had a proper look, but think at least part of the centre console needs to come out to do it.

Will be trying to get a bit of work done on it tomorrow so I'll get a better look then.

Plenty pics to follow over this next week - quite looking forward to the exhaust, fairly standardish looking but with a lil twist :)

Been a mad few days getting things ready for early edition, but as promised, here's a few pics to give you an idea of how it's coming together...

New custom exhaust - fairly OEM looking(ish) and gives a nice wee barble - chuffed to bits with it!

163F6D47-8CA9-4F9A-9C2D-6972C525AEC3_zpswr6bk2nn.jpg

E552205E-7FB4-4CBB-A6A5-B3D2E55B9AAD_zpsifvlejmp.jpg

510ED87B-211A-4B42-BC7E-6972C310E06D_zps4gaam8ym.jpg

And then the new front end - very evil and sinister looking.... Love this!

1544F22E-5A7E-4953-AB8A-547232F4D667_zps3re33lhc.jpg

EB3B3D22-2B3B-431C-AB85-B3417B473F61_zpsblauu6il.jpg

And then just a couple of it all cleaned up and tarted up for the show today - safe to say I'm back in love with it now..... Killing me not being able to drive it!!

5304C0EC-90BB-464A-AEDB-6CFC0530669F_zps80iccrst.jpg

2D19674B-3226-49CC-8787-C22CFBEB5365_zpsrvcl3kf8.jpg

1753BAFA-85C3-45A7-8A35-696D54B8C907_zpsqgnvay8p.jpg

2D5E2545-6D18-4DA7-A1CD-A973EF723750_zpsuqfpwgkf.jpg

Reactions: TOM.S, ruairi83 and DuncVolvoTurbo
Who did your exhaust pal? And also part number for the rest valance? That will fit a saloon too I guess?

Exhaust is by Complete Auto Solutions up here in Scotland. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Valance part number: 8E0807521H

Reactions: Jespy
Just a couple of smaller updates for now..... hopefully something bigger to update y'all on after the weekend :)

So..... out came the grey / silver headlining and door plastics and what not, and in went a black set. Small change that the majority of folk probably wouldnt even notice - but for me it makes a massive difference to the inside of the car. Not the hardest job in the world, but fiddly and enfuriating in places. I spread it over two days, but its probably doable in one - even moreso if you've done it before.

9931F621-8AC0-432A-B8BD-195168D8B143_zpsczj1gxjv.jpg

IMG_36391_zps0e6c3037.jpg

Then, it became apparent that the rear wiper arm had seen better days. Had toyed with the idea of an aeroblade off a Q5, but in the end I decided just to do away with it altogether.... Suspect I'll probably regret this when the winter returns, but for now - smooths off the back end and keeps it all nice and symetrcial.

IMG_37141_zps3c5a18eb.jpg

Reactions: D2NY G
very tidy motor:icon_thumright:

where did you get the bung for the wiper delete? and what size is it please?
my wiper motor is fudged and i am not looking to replace it just yet

Just from Halfords mate, just got an assorted 3 pack for a couple of quid and the biggest one from that fits nicely, think it was perhaps a 24mm one?

There are some fancy 'glass effect' ones out there if you want to go the extra mile - but they come in at £15-£20 depending where you look....

There are some fancy 'glass effect' ones out there if you want to go the extra mile - but they come in at £15-£20 depending where you look....

yeah ive seen a few of the glass ones but wasnt sure of the size, didnt wanna take my wiper off before i had something to fill the gam, guess a visit to halfrauds is in order this week :)

cheers :beerchug: