Autoglym Wheel Cleaner

Just the Custom Wheel Cleaner, works fine. Think the non-custom is acidic which isn't so great for the wheels.

As a one off every few months it won't harm the wheels. But as a weekly thing I'd say no! You're best bet is to deep clean the alloys and seal them with Finnish Kare 1000p which is a high temp wax, this will stop dirt settling / bonding to the alloy. Thus a bucket of soapy water and wash mitt will bring them up shiny for around 6 months. Just re apply when the protection has worn off :)

MA3RC:2132482 said:
As a one off every few months it won't harm the wheels. But as a weekly thing I'd say no! You're best bet is to deep clean the alloys and seal them with Finnish Kare 1000p which is a high temp wax, this will stop dirt settling / bonding to the alloy. Thus a bucket of soapy water and wash mitt will bring them up shiny for around 6 months. Just re apply when the protection has worn off :)

Good info. Thanks!

I have been using the Autoglym custom wheel version once every couple of months and sealing the wheels with wonder wheels sealant.

Seems to work pretty well and only needs a pressure wash and buff up once a week to remove brake dust and grime and return the alloys to a pretty decent state.

Must add though there are lots of nooks and crannies on the s-line 18's that make them a bit of a chore to clean and would a real PITA if were not for the wheel cleaner and sealant.

I'm just using muc-off car shampoo? Will that not do the job??

I used the nanolex ultra paint and alloy seal. Leaves the wheels looking wet and easy to clean off brake dust. Supposed to last upto 18 months Image

Reactions: oufc1976 and BGS
I use the normal stuff every few months to shift the worst of the brake dust. I know it's acidic and not good for the wheels but I don't leave it on too long plus it's not my car and will be gone by the time any deleterious effects start to show :)

Having used AG and now valet pro bilberry, the bilberry is miles better, the AG stuff doesn't cut the mustard compared!!

Reactions: d8ean
It's harsh to compare the two though as the bilberry can be diluted to suit your stegngth needs. But yes I agree for some serious grime shifting you can't go far wrong with bilberry :)

It's harsh to compare the two though as the bilberry can be diluted to suit your stegngth needs. But yes I agree for some serious grime shifting you can't go far wrong with bilberry :)
But why pay £15 for AG when you can get the same amount of neat bilberry for £10 that you can get potentially 3L of wheel cleaner from, as soon as you dilute AG you mays well be throwing soapy water on them..

i wouldn't call it harsh to compare two wheel cleaners….

I treated my wheels with g techiq when new and they've been really easy to clean with just normal car shampoo

I treated my wheels with g techiq when new and they've been really easy to clean with just normal car shampoo

I generally done the same but just using Autoglym Super Resin Polish and the dirt and brake dust just comes off with normal washing.
When I take it to the car wash all the brake dust comes off as soon as they use the pressure washer on the wheels before it goes into the actual car wash. My wheels as as good now as they were when it was new. Usually re-apply the Super Resin ever 6 months.