High Mileage Questions

RAFC_1990

Reaction score
Don't really want to get to into it but basically I purchased a 56 plate S Line which I thought had 77k on the clock but a few weeks ago realised I had been conned and in fact has over 180,000! Absolutely gutted as I have saved up a long time for it and wanted a relatively low mileage one so could remap and keep in good condition and keep for a good few years, but now I just feel so disheartened with the car and my re sale value is going to be so low if in fact I can sell it at all.

Once I realised and sold my old car I have used the money to get a full service, check and diagnostic, she needs a few minor things and also Overboost pressure regulator, which I take is to do with the turbo and may cost a bob or 2?

In my opinion she still runs good, doesn't seem to be any problem with the clutch (How would I Tell), maybe its been replaced? Just never had any experience with a car that's done so many miles and was wondering if anyone else has and what things to look out for and just general advice.

Also a main question is should I now stay away from the remap or would she still be fine? Really wanted to get it done after hearing all the reviews. I really do enjoy driving it but just wished it had that extra bit of power especially at low revs.

What an absolute nightmare !!!!

Was it a private sale?

If the turbo is good a remap should be ok I would of thought !

My A4 has just under 300,000 mile and is still going strong. The problems you are going to have is the bushes, arms and suspension.

If you are going down the remap side then you need to add the price a new dual mass flywheel (DMF) and clutch to the cost as with the extra power it's not going to last long, but I've seen cars with under 100K miles still needing a DMF & clutch after a remap.

My A4 has just under 300,000 mile and is still going strong. The problems you are going to have is the bushes, arms and suspension.

If you are going down the remap side then you need to add the price a new dual mass flywheel (DMF) and clutch to the cost as with the extra power it's not going to last long, but I've seen cars with under 100K miles still needing a DMF & clutch after a remap.

Never had a problem with a clutch with a decent stage 1 map myself .

Had a couple of bkd engines remapped .

Edit : not sure what engine he has so not sure if this post is worthy or whether it makes a difference being a different engine lol

I'm guessing a diesel with that mileage .

Yeh 2.0 TDI, I only do 8,000 or so miles a year, how much roughly would a new clutch and flywheel set me back? Also anyone know any good remaping companys north west area, decent price, maybe currently has offers on?

What way did you buy this car... Privately or dealership, and was it a recent purchase!?

Either way i'd be getting advice on what avenues you can go down after realising you have bought a clocked car... Feel for you tho, its not good!

As above mate feel for you buying a clocked car.

To answer your original question as long as it's been looked after (or you look after it properly from now on) I wouldn't worry about the mileage. Be careful with turbo, clutch and DMF but everything else is solid. Also at that mileage please please check the timing/cambelt and water pump (or get it done yourself).

Sorry to hear about that, credit to the car that it felt or looked liked it had only done 80k! How did you find out it was clocked?

Can I just say, did you not check the service history before buying? Either by the book or ringing up audi them selves? If you've bought it from a used care dealer take it back, or I think you could still have a case if it were private, how long have you had it when you found out? Take it a VCDS scan shown it up?