Has my car had a remap?

drstuf

Reaction score
Hi all,

A month-ish ago i bought my first s3. its a facelift 03 plate that had some mods fitted. Since buying i have fitted a large fmic and a liquid gauge.

When i bought the car the seller said it had not had a remap but the numbers from the liquid guage dont seem to back that up.

It is consistantly showing between 250-260bhp and i have had the torques upto 232ft-lb.

It had a manual boost gauge fitted and was showing 12 psi. The liquid gauges boost reading backs this up but on a run out today the boost spiked to 1420mBar or 20ish psi

So my question is has it likely had a remap or is the liquid gauge not being very honest?

Thanks

Stu

Sounds like it's been mapped what's your airflow figure on the liquid gauge mate?

Sounds like it's been mapped what's your airflow figure on the liquid gauge mate?

No idea m8, i have got to nip out again shortly so will have a look.

Just put the liquid gauge onto airflow and give it some death?

Thanks

Stu

Reactions: kwistof
PMSL @ give it some death! :lmfao:

Not heard that phrase in relation to 'Giving it some beans'

If it was 12 psi before and is now spiking to 20psi (I assume its dropping back done again?) I would say the n75 is faulty. ...

Liquid has a boost cmd screen...see what thats doing... cmd is requested boost from the ecu... liquid is reading the data from the ecu and the 1400 odd mbar is read from the map sensor

<tuffty/>

its still holding 12psi, i have never seen the spike before and the only reason i know of it now is because of the liquid gauge showing the max boost. No matter how hard i tried i couldnt get it to do it again.

Thanks

Stu

Just back from a run out,

Pressure cmd max 1020 mBar

Airflow 203 g/s

and 247 bhp this evening

All on seperate runs as only one screen at a time on the liquid gauge.

Thanks

Stu

Just back from a run out,

Pressure cmd max 1020 mBar

Airflow 203 g/s

and 247 bhp this evening

All on seperate runs as only one screen at a time on the liquid gauge.

Thanks

Stu

Doesn't make a lot of sense... 12psi is stock boost, but 205 g/s is remapped airflow, indicating over 250 bhp.

Air flow sensor knackered? Or a very mild remap as far as boost use is concerned?

The car was on its standard intercoolers when i bought it.

It does have some aftermarket mods and has had the n249 bypassed

Stu

Air flow meters usually go the other way and read low.

Checked for boost leaks? Fuel trims? Fault codes?

No boost leaks that i know of. I have recently fitted a large fmic so mostly all new clips and all hoses were nipped up at the same time.

Not logging any faults on either the liquid gauge or my super vag thing from china.

Fuel trims...... is this information i can get from the liquid gauge?

Thanks

Stu

I haven't used a liquid gauge before, I use vag-com.

Does the liquid gauge give you the requested boost as well as the actual boost?

the requested boost max was 1020 mBar on one of the runs last night.

Stu