rear springs

hitman1978

Reaction score
Think I maybe needing some new rear springs. My car does have 140 thousand on it and the last 60 thousand were me using it for work ( I'm a joiner) on my way home today I seem to have a knocking from the rear when I had my kit in the back but once emptied it was fine. Anyone know a good place to get new springs except tps, my local one doesn't do cash sales anymore. Thanks

Got my sachs from eurocarparts for £80 a pair then £40 for fitting

I had a knocking noise too. Took forever to diagnose.finally after about 4 month's i found it.
If i was u id take which ever rear wheel it is, out!
Peel some of the arch liner back (few torx screw)
And check your shock absorbers (top mounts) bolts, as mine had broke.

Definitely be checking that then, thunk I could do with at least rear springs though because it dies sit rather low on the back, I'm running 18 inch wheels with 225/40/18 and the tyres are slightly tucked under with nothing in the car

Definitely be checking that then, thunk I could do with at least rear springs though because it dies sit rather low on the back, I'm running 18 inch wheels with 225/40/18 and the tyres are slightly tucked under with nothing in the car

also check springs not broken,mine were.:cool:

Think it is most definitely a broken spring, sounds like a grinding noise only on extension of the rear suspension.

If the springs are broken. Jack it up using the jack supplied with the car and pop the wheel and just have a quick inspection.

Don't be working on the suspension using that jack though.