BOSE advice

Tobez

Reaction score
Get my a4 TDI sline in May and my only extra my MD let me have was the BOSE upgrade.

What am i actually getting with that upgrade, trying to find anything on audis site is like trying to find rockin hoss poo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Which head unti does it use ? whats the diff ?

Does it play MP3 or is the IPOD or Phatnoise the only option for MP3

thanks guys

Rob.

Are the speakers any diff ? what this microphone doofer thingy u get, hope it doesnt get annoying :p

The BOSE upgrade is, I believe, just a speaker and amplifier package that enhances whatever standard (or optional) head unit you have specced.

Unless you have ordered the Symphony II or the RNS-E Sat-Nav, I think the standard S-Line comes with the 1 cd Concert II head unit.

Concert II - Single DIN size. Radio and single CD player (can also control optional glovebox 6 CD changer)
Symphony II - Double DIN size. Radio/Cassette and integrated 6 CD changer
RNS-E - Double DIN size. Sat-Nav, Radio, DVD and dual memory card slots (for MP3 playback)

No MP3 facility on the Concert II or Symphony II, without buying the Audi (or Denison) I-Pod adapter which plugs in instead of the external 6 CD changer for the glovebox.

Hope that helps!

should be good. The BOSE upgrade on A4's is quite decent.

I've got BOSE on my 2001 A4 and what ever I blast through either being dance, rock or that wicked deep bass of Mr JJB from the Stranglers it never distorts at all even at volume level 30 (or 31)!!!

All I would say is fade the front/rear balance slightly to the front and it sounds MINT!!!!

I cannot get the GALA to work properly though???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Your right it is just a speaker, amp and sub upgrade and goes with whatever HU you have.

I have it in my B7 and its considerably better than the Bose in my old B5

I'm not a fan of the Bose on an Avant but in my saloon I'm prety happy.

[ QUOTE ]

I cannot get the GALA to work properly though???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

GALA doesn't work with Bose, it uses another little system to compensate for cabin noise.

Gala uses the speed signal from the cluster to change the volume.

Bose has DSP, which uses a microphone to measure the ambient noise inside the cabin, together with the speed signal to adjust the volume. I don't think taht it's possible to change the DSP settings.

Maybe it changed. On my TT, Bose had Gala and it's the same on my S4. Maybe the later ones have the noise sensor?

scoTTy said:
Maybe it changed. On my TT, Bose had Gala and it's the same on my S4. Maybe the later ones have the noise sensor?
It changed around 2003/2004.

My first S4 - 2003 - had Bose with Gala, my second S4 - 2004 - had Bose with AudioPilot (the DSP system with an extra microphone to adjust the sound not just for speed but also for road noise etc).

The one downside of the AudioPilot system is that the microphone doesn't seem to like really hot sunny days and it can adjust the volume up & down rapidly for a few minutes until the aircon cools down the interior. Audi have actually published a TSB telling dealers how to disable AudioPilot for customers who find this unacceptable.