BW 17,18,19,20

Audi CS just rung me, car arrived in Grimsby yesterday. Just waiting to hear from the dealership as to how long I now have to wait before I can take delivery!

I think that Audi Dealers are too far up their own ***** to care about the customer, as you say deposit down customer care = switch off mode!

Some dealers, not all. Stansted Audi, have been EXCELLENT. 10 weeks from order to delivery and I was telephoned (and emailed) with an update at every key stage of the order process, right up to, 'your car is here'. They even made me a short video of the car whilst it was being prepped for hand over and emailed it to me. Collecting this Friday :sm4:.

Reactions: phil1824
It would not take that much effort for a dealership to set this up.
Well done to Stansted Audi.
The Audi Customer Help team have been very helpful and it would be much easier if they had access to the Screen and did not have to ring their Sales colleagues and put you on hold..

Some dealers, not all. Stansted Audi, have been EXCELLENT. 10 weeks from order to delivery and I was telephoned (and emailed) with an update at every key stage of the order process, right up to, 'your car is here'. They even made me a short video of the car whilst it was being prepped for hand over and emailed it to me. Collecting this Friday :sm4:.

OMFG this would be awesome.....but thinking about is should be the norm wouldn't you agree? My dealer haven't even contacted me today after the debacle pick up failure on the weekend to tell me what the next stage is... I am having to email them now a long winded request of the timescale and next stage.

I even have researched the detailers I want to use, spoon feeding customer service 101.

OMFG this would be awesome.....but thinking about is should be the norm wouldn't you agree? My dealer haven't even contacted me today after the debacle pick up failure on the weekend to tell me what the next stage is... I am having to email them now a long winded request of the timescale and next stage.

I even have researched the detailers I want to use, spoon feeding customer service 101.

I can't believe they have not called you. Outrageous.

Shame to hear others not being updated - I got emails etc at every stage with no nagging.

As a side - my assistant at work ordered a DS3 earlier in the year and she had a code etc to enter on part of the Citreon website to find out what was happening with her order. I was impressed with it - was very simple but was enough to keep you informed. Audi obviously have this information as their internal dashboard updates build data twice a week. It would just be a case of putting a front end website / dashboard in place for customers to log on to. I suspect Audi UK would say their is no need for this as the dealers can provide the information - shame in practice for many it doesn't quite work like that! Cost also has something to do with it too.

Reactions: phil1824
Picked her up this afternoon. She is simply amazing.. Didn't have time to take interior shots though, but I'll take some more the upcoming weekend.

IMG 7778
IMG 7780
IMG 7781
IMG 7782
IMG 7783
IMG 7786
IMG 7792
IMG 7795
IMG 7801

Reactions: Chimp, RYuill, Don76 and 1 other person
So how is everyone getting on with their cars then ?

A month on, 2500 miles later I thought I would do a little summary comparing my previous 8p 3dr sline blackedition and current 8v sline SB.

Fuel consumption / engine.
The previous car was traded with 64k on the clock after 2 1/2 yrs and its mpg returned 53 in the 2.0 tdi 140. The current 2.0 tdi 150 returns 49. However this may improve as things slacken off. The current engine appears to deliver more response through the rev band, where as you had to change gear more frequently to get power delivery on the previous a3.

Handling
I preferred the handling in the previous car to be honest. The new motor appears to be more twitchy and bounces more making it feel less stable on the road. Moving from a more rigid 3dr to 5dr maybe this cause. As both motors have the sline suspension.

Comfort
The current car is a more smoother ride and the cars inside and dash design/layout make it more relaxed when cruising on the dual carriageway. Previous car looks cheap in comparison. Cup holder in the correct place and cruise control are back making it more enjoyable. Who previously thought, hey let's put a cup holder under your arm and then try and work an armrest ontop?

Stereo
Mmi is a distraction when passengers play around with it. The b&o speakers are clearer than previous Bose, however only have had it up as far as 3/4 as its not comfortable. Gala is now switched off. Had it on in old car, but can't get it to work the same with volume up/ down/ up / down doing my head in. The cable and connection for phone is crap. Have currently got iPhone 5 and a red 4 cable with lightning adaptor to get it to connect and display art work. Connection is better than the green 5 cable. But still not ideal having to spend another 25quid to make something work a little better. Dropping calls and music is not ideal.

Colour choice/ looks
White suits the car and im glad I choose it over black. Yes it show up the dead bugs. But regular proper washing and cleaning sorts that out. The black glossy styling pack also suits the car also and I'm glad I ticked that box. I have also had more people commenting on the cars looks compaired to previous one. But taken a few digs about why go for 5drs over three in the process. My reply of if your not happy walk, shuts that up quickly though.

Would I buy another?
Depends on what the facelift looks like and availability of black edition range. As would not spend as much again getting the tinted windows, black trim and stereo again. A3 saloon looks nicer.

Last edited:
Reactions: RYuill
I'm loving it, honestly can't get enough. Any excuse to go to the shops and I'm there. I agree with you on the colour, I am so glad I went for the glacier white with black pack and tinted windows, really sets the car off. Also like the black inlays in 3d design.

I also agree with what your saying about the steering, I still love it but probably not as good as it could be.

I drive it in dynamic all the time and love the note of the exhaust, especially after disconnecting the flappers. The wife usually puts it in comfort as she doesn't like people thinking she is showing off.

Having to clean the pipes once a week, but that is no bother. I have a packet of flash wipes in the car and the black crap comes of with a single wipe.

Audi sound system is good, the sub has enough oomf, that the mirrors shake and sound quality is good especially if played over Bluetooth from iTunes download.

ACC is also really good once you learn to trust it.

A couple of things I wished I had added are the interior light pack and mono purr.

One thing I noticed the other day is if you put your foot to the floor (gearbox in manual mode) there seems to be what feels like a button (hard to describe). Once pressed the car drops several gears and off it goes. The wife's face was a picture

One thing I noticed the other day is if you put your foot to the floor (gearbox in manual mode) there seems to be what feels like a button (hard to describe). Once pressed the car drops several gears and off it goes. The wife's face was a picture

I think you'll find that is Kick Down, which all automatic boxes have. It just says "give me the most power in the best gear"!

Reactions: RYuill