The dreaded washer bottle leak..............Audi S3

dandav1985

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello people,

Just noticed when filling my washer bottle on my 2009 S3 with the bi xenon that the washer bottle is leaking slightly.................:( is it a bumper off jobbie to change or can you do it with the drivers side inner arch removed.........

Once again cheers for you help in advance.

Dan

Pull fog light surround off? Usually leaks from the little thingy rather than bottle itself you can get new seal from halfrauds?

Reactions: dandav1985
Just had mine done under warranty, was the headlight washer that was leaking and pretty sure they just removed the fog light surround as Sayam says.

I have same year of car as you and this is the first I have ever heard of a "dreaded washer bottle leak" !

I had this done on my previous 09 S3 under warranty.

Fog light surround off for sure, and fog light itself I think too.

Doubt it's the bottle, but if it is it's easy to change.

Just peel back wheel arch liner and all is revealed.

A pipe in mine split, replaced it without taking bumper off but had to gain access from a ramp, take off under tray and reach in.

Flip sake. You would think Audi could make a washer bottle that didnt leak!! Are there any symptoms? Obviously washer fluid leaking onto the ground I would assume?

Flip sake. You would think Audi could make a washer bottle that didnt leak!! Are there any symptoms? Obviously washer fluid leaking onto the ground I would assume?

when it is full it drips very slightly, till about 1/2 empty if you get what I mean, on the drivers side! I thought I was coolant leaking from the radiator at first then seen is was blue washer fluid.....:) seems to be pretty common on car with the xexon's.

Cheers Dan

Suprised to see these are still doing this. it was common on the 8L.

Just taken the foglight out and it is the hose from the washer bottle to the front washers jets, cars 4 yr old and that needs replaced already......:( oh well joys of motoring.

New hose ordered from TPS......

Looks a bit of a pain to do to so Sunday morning job.

Cheers Dan