Which coilovers???

johnnevett

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm now ready to have my car lowered. I was originally looking at the bilstein b12 (sportlines) but have decided against this now And want coilovers.
My budget is between £500 and £650.

So, which coilovers would you recommend in that budget? I've never had coilovers before so looking for advice on all makes of these.
Thanks
john.

Hi John, DPM Performance (Damian) a site sponsor will give you the info you need, either send him a pm or go to the site sponsor/banner section and post your question, he will sort you out pal

Mac

I have AP coilovers on mine ride isn't too bad but wish I had spent a bit more and got some with adjustable dampers but only to stiffen them up to stop my wheels rubbin a bit. Call Awsome GTI in Manchester they are pretty good on price and do a fitment and wheel alignment package pretty cheap.

I have AP coilovers on mine ride isn't too bad but wish I had spent a bit more and got some with adjustable dampers but only to stiffen them up to stop my wheels rubbin a bit. Call Awsome GTI in Manchester they are pretty good on price and do a fitment and wheel alignment package pretty cheap.

Cheers mate I'll give them a call
what size/ specs wheels do you have?
i have 19" y spoke alloys from the A5 ET32 and and worried about rubbing.

That's the joys of coilovers though can adjust them if you need to. But I sacrifice a bit of rubbing for a lower look, but my wheels are X5 19" 10j rear 9j front 25mm adaptors front 18mm rear so the rears work out to be ET27 and fronts are ET22 including the adaptors, I have 225/40 on the 9j and 245/40 on the 10j I have out a bit more camber on the rear this morning and it has stopped a bit of rubbing

That's the joys of coilovers though can adjust them if you need to. But I sacrifice a bit of rubbing for a lower look, but my wheels are X5 19" 10j rear 9j front 25mm adaptors front 18mm rear so the rears work out to be ET27 and fronts are ET22 including the adaptors, I have 225/40 on the 9j and 245/40 on the 10j I have out a bit more camber on the rear this morning and it has stopped a bit of rubbing
That's the reason I decided on coilovers in the end was looking at the bilsteins with sportlines.
How low have you gone from your standard suspension?

Not too sure in mm but the backs are wound all the way down so its quite low lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 143
Tyres with a slight stretch on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 143
40mm should be fine, they will wear on the inside edge for sure but I'm not overly bothered as it's what has to be done to get them to fit lol

Have you found any coilovers yet or called Awaome? If you call awsome ask for Hassan he's a good guy and hell look after you tell him I told you to call ;)

Have you found any coilovers yet or called Awaome? If you call awsome ask for Hassan he's a good guy and hell look after you tell him I told you to call ;)

Hi mate
Spoke to Awesome over the last couple of days and they've come back with a great offer for the ST X coilovers. I just need to get the axle weights for them but the cars at mums so can't get the info till Sunday.

Cheers
John

You need to spend more IMO to get decent coilovers otherwise the ride and rebound stiffness is going to be compromised.
Unless its just looks your afterl