Coolant problem. Leaking maybe?

mr.raw

Reaction score
I had low coolant warning last week,so i got some g13 for my 56 Plate 2.0TFSI and replaced the coolant etc.

Got in the car last night and coolant warning came on again.It was almost empty again.

Any ideas guys?

Check for leaks in radiator, pipes goin to radiator etx. You will need to take bottom engine undercover off to get a good look.

Get it checked ASAP as can lead to major failure.

What can happen is when getting the cambelt done which your car may have or may not have had done yet. But some garages dont bother with the water pump. And the first ones were prone to what you saying. If my memory serves me correct the first ones were plastic impeller then they changed to metal impeller or vice versa.

Reactions: mr.raw
Check the coolant flange which is at the rear of the engine, by the bulkhead.

They are a fairly common point of failure due to the o-ring perishing over time.

You'll probably be able to see where coolant's leaked and run down onto the gearbox casing. Hope it helps :)

Car is finally getting looked at tomorrow as well as the gearbox oil being done.Fingers crossed the coolant leak is not a major issue :)

Well I had my Multitronic gearbox oil changed and then he looked at the Coolant leaking issue. Pipe and tank seem ok. He then seemed to suggest its behind/under the engine etc. Booking it in for next week to sort with other small jobs such as glovebox as it randomly opens.