EGR valve block

Gedi69

V8 Lover
Reaction score
Hi guys/gals just wondering if theres anyone here with my car (see sig below) who has done the egr valve block? as ive heard that it could send the computer a wrong message and put it into limp mode. also what gains are you getting from doing this and would you recommend me doing it.

Disconnect the vaccum hose that goes into the top of EGR valve, plug the hose with a bolt or similar.
This is what operates the valve, so you are disabling it.
Hopefuly your engine management light wont come on and if it doesn't then you can just leave it like that as I did for a couple of years, the EGR disabled, or blank off the EGR with blanking plates and remove the bypass pipe if wanted.
Alternatively delete the EGR all together with a delete pipe.
If light comes on then put hose back on and clear the fault code if there is one.
From there you can fit a partial blanking plate that has a far smaller opening in it than the pipe, thus allowing a smaller amount of exhaust gas through to the EGR.
You can also disable the EGR via the ECU using VCDS, preventing the EML illuminating, you can then blank or delete.

Gains are that you dont get the same amount of soot/sludge build up in the inlet which over time narrows the inlet reducing performance.
Can only be a good thing, so yes I anyway would recommend.