Some questions after remap

tquattro

Reaction score
I remapped my car last month and now I'm a bit paranoid of stuff blowing up:laugh:.
A bit of history, not really relevant. The original map was sent to the guys at Viezu, but the first map they sent back was giving me the 17705 error. I searched for boost leaks and verified valves and stuff but I didn't found any issue. Then I found about the "fvpdkldus" bug found on some 1.8T, told the tuner about it and he said that Viezu re-sent a fixed map. Since then the 17705 error is gone, but now I have doubts about the quality of the new map(I'm thinking is just a generic map for 1.8Ts) and the reason for which I'm a bit parnoid.

This are 4 dyno runs, 2 before and 2 after the remap:
ob0RcXk.jpg

(The 469Nm@1450 is an error in reading at the start of the run)

A couple of questions about this chart:
-is the power drop between runs normal? I had a third run before the remap that gave 101kW and a third run after remap that gave 128kW. The guy at the dyno said it is normal, because the intake/intercooler were getting hot.
-do the power/torque curves look normal? is the torque peak at ~3000rpm normal? 190HP/141kW was my aim and their claim after the remap, so that looks ok.

Another issue I have is with the sound it makes. Stock there were no "turbo" sounds, but now there are. This is a video with the said sounds, they appear when accelerating and then releasing the pedal somewhere between 2500-3200rpm.(live the sounds are louder than on video, but you should hear the sound I'm talking about at 0:02, 0:06 and at 0:14). With the stock diverter valve(I have the 710n DV - I tested it and it works ok) should these sounds be present?

Last edited by a moderator:
What car is it?
A3 1.8t Quattro I take it?
Year and engine code?
Where in the world are you? Looks like turkey / Romania on the video.......;-)

Sean

Forgot the important parts: it's a 2002 A3 1.8T AUM 150HP FWD @ about 239000Km.

And yes, I'm from Romania :thumbsup:

Edit: I had an 1990 Audi 100 Turbo Quattro before the A3, that's the origin of my screen name :D

Last edited:
Anyone?

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

I attached a VCDS log. If you rename the attachment extension to csv, the log can be loaded here VCViewer - View It! for easy viewing.
A third gear run is starting at about 17s in the time stamp column. Is 2100-2200mbar normal for a stage1 map on an AUM engine?
The cars pulls very strong compared to stock, but those turbo sounds are worrying me. From my understanding a stage1 map should be as quiet as stock regarding those turbo sounds... or am I wrong?
View attachment LOG-03-102-114-115 .txt

Everything is stock, except the remap and I had replaced the boost and PCV breather hoses with silicone ones(from Creation Motorsport).

If anyone is interested....the "turbo noises" are gone. It appears that the issue was at the C-clip connection between the charge pipe and the lower rubber hose. The C-clip type rubber hose was less than a year old and it was the latest revision, I also had the new C-clip. I replaced the pipe and the hose with the ones from an AGU engine. Everything feels like it should now. It was a bit unexpected, because when I pressurised the system that connection was my main interest and it didn't appeared to be leaking... maybe because I did the pressure test with the engine cold?! Also, I didn't had any errors on VCDS.

I also did an oil change and replaced the filters(air, fuel, oil and AC).
Here are the original pipe+hose vs the AGU ones that I got replaced:
TG2RCyF.jpg

Nevermind my previous post, the joy lasted one evening. In the morning the noise was back.

I made another video. You can now hear clearer the turbo noises, there are two noises one when turbo is spooling up and one on liftoff. The noise on liftoff could be the DV doing its job, can't be heard always, but sometimes I think is too loud. I installed a new OEM 710n diverter valve, the symptoms remain the same.
Live, the sounds appear to come from the turbo/DV/intake area.
Does it sound like a boost leak, a turbo/wastegate issue or something else? When I pressure tested the lines a couple of weeks ago I didn't found any leaks.
On video, I use only part throttle as the sounds are more clearly heard. On WOT the sound is barely noticeable and the car pulls very strong.

And a final question. I had a silicone hose blow off, the one between the turbo and the charge pipe as it was a bit shorter than OEM(I replaced it back with the OEM one since then). I drove about 2km with the hose out of the charge pipe, but when I scanned for errors with VCDS I had no error. Is it because of the map "fvpdkldus fix"?

Last edited by a moderator: