Replica Alloy wheels

Alva78

team Nano, Black Styling package H&R 8mm spacers
Reaction score
I recently bought 4 replica TTRS rotors,which look as close to OEM ,but why are they 8j instead of 7.5j?.Can anyone shed light on this as i swapped my good Hankooks of my Black Edition RS4's and they went on ok but have had the car veering to the left since.I had the car checked on a 4 wheel alignment and its all ok,plus you have to be carefull when parking as the tyres dont protect the alloy now for kerbing.Wish i invested in OEM now.

What offset are they? You still running 225/4018's? If so, you should not have any stretch to talk about so the rim protectors should still do their thing! Have you checked your tyre pressures as an under-inflated trye can cause the car to veer also.

Try swapping your left and right front wheels over and see what it does. I have experienced this before.

Reactions: Ron burgundy
I had this to when I changed my wheels, I put a directional tyre on the wrong side and it was all over the place ...didn't think that would effect the way the car went but in my case it did .

thanks to all that have replied so far.Yes i have swapped rear to front.They are one direction and have checked that out aswell and is still veering to the left i may have to go back to my rs4's as OEM are far too expensive,even second hand.

you shouldn't have any trouble tbh, were they bought brand new? I imagine the offset of originals is around 54-56 where as the replica 8j ones will be 45

check your tyre pressures too

thanks to all that have replied so far.Yes i have swapped rear to front.They are one direction and have checked that out aswell and is still veering to the left i may have to go back to my rs4's as OEM are far too expensive,even second hand.

Shouldn't you try swapping left to right rather than rear to front?

must be a tyre problem as i have ttrs reps on also ,when i went to collect them they fitted the tyres and balanced them at the time of purchase ,then they had taken 2 of the stickers off the tyres ,and said the 2 without the stickers are for the drivers side,which is obvious as have the arrow pointing forward .

I recently bought 4 replica TTRS rotors,which look as close to OEM ,but why are they 8j instead of 7.5j?.Can anyone shed light on this as i swapped my good Hankooks of my Black Edition RS4's and they went on ok but have had the car veering to the left since.I had the car checked on a 4 wheel alignment and its all ok,plus you have to be carefull when parking as the tyres dont protect the alloy now for kerbing.Wish i invested in OEM now.

I toyed with the idea of Rotor reps, but invested in genuine BBS instead and so glad i did as the difference in quality is second to none so if you can get rid of those and invest in some genuine alloys i would recommend it pal!

Sold some rs4 genuine alloys .hate the look of bbs rims and no way on this earth would I shell out over 1k for a set of ttrs rotors cos there genuine . Paint quality doesnt bother me .il just repaint them . Rather spend 1k on my wife and kids .or maybe a set of 3sdm 0.06's

Reactions: CHEZ
I've been looking at getting some repo alloys (just can't afford the real deal) but the ET offset has put me off as its different to the originals, what difference will the offset make to it visually and handling?

Different offset is not an issue as long as the wheel has sufficient brake caliper clearance. Sometimes the slightly wider wheels will fill the arches better if the offset is right, it's as important to consider the offset in conjunction with the width to consider how they will sit within the rim. If they fit and you run a suitable tyre that matches the rolling circumference (to not put the speedo out) then you'll be fine.

Reactions: CHEZ