pre facelift to facelift console

Crazypete00

Reaction score
Hi,

just bought a b5 A4 TDI. its a pre facelift and was wondering what is needed to convert the centre console to the facelift one.

what parts do i need? is it a hard job? i know my way around the audi from owning a 8L S3 for the past 7 years.

p.s. just to warn everyone get ready to be bombarded with questions about this car :)

Single or double din?

Hazard switch (Got), Cage (Got), Fog light switch (Got), HVAC (Got), AshTray (Got), Rear Console section (Got), Dash surround (Got) and fog light control unit if you want them to work (Got).

I got all you need to bolt a double din facelift console in to your car.

Its not a hard job really.
Couple of extra cables needed for the HVAC and foglights.

Only tricky bit is the fog light wiring but it's posted somewhere in this forum

Got everything you need for single din conversion going cheap if you can collect

thanks both, i would prefer a single din unless you have a rns-d or e to go with the double din.

also will my current heater controls fit or will i need the facelift controls?

You will need heater controls.

I got a A8 RNS-d, it will fit but you will have gaps or I got a double din symphony but it needs a code.

I literally binned my whole single din facelift setup last night! Had all switches, hvac controls, stereo etc too

Not any help to you I know but thought I'd say

Haha damn. I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle, only bit that bothers me is the walnut trim which I'm getting hydro dipped carbon as soon as I get it out

The middle clip is a nightmare, I ended up bending my aluminium trim and yanking it out so I could get my blue carbon trim in, try the scrappies for single din console etc, I got my double din setup for under £30 for everything plus £14 for the rns-d :)

Hi all i know this is an old post, i have a partial facelift A4 B5 avant, i want to do a full double din conversion, can anyone point me in the right direction for the parts?

Cheers

you need the console, the cage that goes behind the console, the ashtray and the hvac control. Oh and the gearstick trim as well, though i belive its possible to trim the single din one to fit.

Hi aragorn,
Thanks for the response, ive done loads of research on it, just cant find the parts. Do you know anywhere or anyone that sells them?

Hi boonie, your a legend i would be very interested in buying it. Let me know when its available.

Car is supposed to be here on Monday, it's a car I had a few years ago and fitted the double din setup etc to it myself along with some other goodies which I'll also be selling, I'm just keeping the panels to facelift my S4 to tidy it up,

Message me your number and I'll whatsapp some pics to you when it gets here