Radio reception problems

yorkster001

Reaction score
I have recently fitted an aftermarket Xtrons DVD unit (PF71A4A 7" HD Touch Screen DVD Player With Sat Nav For Audi A4 (2002-2007) Seat Exeo (2009-2012) | Xtrons)into my A4 and have had continual issues with radio reception. The xtron only had a single Fakra connection so I purchased the following adapter thinking it would resolve the issue:

Antenna adapter din motorola male to double fakra with phantom amplifier diversity
Unfortunately no joy :( The reception is still poor. I have attached the blue lead on the adapter to the power antennae feed thinking it would activate when the unit is on but alas no.

Does anyone have any experience with after market units and the antennae amplifier that the A4 uses? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Leigh

I know this is old thread, but would like to tell people this. I bought the same adaptor above and it didn't work at all first. Then. I just plugged only one of them - now it works very well! Never had a slight issue with radio like when I used the OEM stereo before. I don't know which one works, though. Just try and swap it if it doesn't work well.

Also, if you buy aftermarket unit, you may use GPS antenna which comes with the unit. Instead of using it, I bought a little adaptor to connect OEM GPS antenna to my Xtrons unit (Cost around £8-10 on ebay or amazon), which works perfectly well. Many people say it would be fine if you put GPS behind the dash board/speed metre, but this it is so much better to use OEM GPS (shark fin) if you already have it in your car.