Boot light issues

lau06275

Reaction score
All

Having an issue with the lights on the boot of the car. Not rear beams etc. That are mounted on the car, just the brake lights and number plate lights.

I first noticed it the other day when I had a rear right brake light warning flash up which cleared not long afterward. Happened a few times since. Just today I had the rear number plate lights warning flash up. Which has stayed on. When switching the sidelights on one of the number plate lights comes on for a few seconds then does. The other doesn't come in at all. Brake lights are still working.

I had replaced these with led ones from t8ups over a year ago and they have been perfect.

I'm assuming it's some sort of connection problem somewhere. Anyone know if this is common and where to start looking?

Cheers
Chris

Thanks for the reply. One of the bulbs in the led had indeed gone. Other one was just a coincidence the prongs weren't finding the contacts. Must have been knocked about a bit.

Brake light was completely unrelated.

Reactions: Artimus
Just to add to the story for the sake of telling my stupidness.

Took out the number plate bulb holder for each side and tested and replaced the necessary led bulb. Managed to lose the screw.

Had already taken the boot cover off before I realised it was the prongs. On putting it back on must have knocked it about a bit as one of my reverse lights was no longer working.

So took the bulb out but it didn't look blown. So went to check the right hand bulb that was working in the socket. Didn't realise it was hot and proceeded to drop it down the gap where the boot latches.

So after two lights not working I now had four.