Ecu remap Audi 140

dannyAshcroft89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am planning on saving cost a little but with the extra power!
I know it's better to flush the dpf and get a straight through exhaust then to remap but it is beyond my budget so I'm thinking,,
Does anyone know if I can just get an ecu remap on my Audi a3 140?
And how much bhp it will take it too?
It's usually 185 but that is with dpf delete, straight through and remap!!
Or am I wrong?

Save up and get it done complete, you'll only very likely want it done after the map & you get used to it...

You can save money on fuel with the extra power if that's what your thinking, but take it from me you'll enjoy putting you foot down more often with the extra torque so I doubt you'll save much, even if you plan on keeping it for years!

I got a map on my A3 from Mark at Brotek, never had it on a rolling road yet
I do notice the difference though, especially in the low down torque, pulls really well through 1/2/3.
You won't save much on fuel tho. The faster it goes the easier it is to put the foot down.
Worth it tho.

Sounds good,
I don't see the difference from my petrol car tbh, my foot is too heavy!!
Except for when I get on the motorway!
Think I will stay away for 1st though as I don't want clutch to pop,
Can I ask, how long have you had it done and have you had problems?
Also I take it u only got remap and no extra mods??

I would think the DPF will block faster with a remap, but then it can be removed or replaced.

Will get the internals stripped out eventually and a straight through but could be a while yet while saving so by getting a remap now will give me a quick fix while I get the money for the full job

That's why I also went for the 140 as dpf has less problems than the 170, both being around same age and both would of had dpf, wanted a fairly new car to what I could get at the time!

Sounds good,
I don't see the difference from my petrol car tbh, my foot is too heavy!!
Except for when I get on the motorway!
Think I will stay away for 1st though as I don't want clutch to pop,
Can I ask, how long have you had it done and have you had problems?
Also I take it u only got remap and no extra mods??

Mine been done for about a year now, no problems at all.

Shark Stage one 140 PD with EGR mapped out and hot start map

New clutch & flywheel, all engine mounts & a few little bits like coolant sensors changed a few months before the map (because they where shot!) Oh and a gearbox rebuild a few months after I bought the car :(

Turbo not been changed to my knowledge (I've had it 3 yrs now) but holding up well even with just over 127,000miles on the clock!

Will get the internals stripped out eventually and a straight through but could be a while yet while saving so by getting a remap now will give me a quick fix while I get the money for the full job
But you'll have to have it mapped again after the DPF removal, ok May not be a full price map but my guess is you'll loose money that way...

Drive slower for now, save up the money you save on fuel by driving like a granny and get it done in one shot ;)

Then watch the fuel needle move before your very eyes with your heavy right foot, because the torque is addictive :)

Btw I've had 60+mpg with my stage 1 map driving like a granny on motorways and maybe less than 10mpg with a heavy foot round town... The savings are only in your driving style :)

Reactions: dannyAshcroft89
The CR engines dont suffer with DPF failures like the PD engines did

In my experience DPF's fail because people dont get the car checked over when the warning light comes on. The light goes away so they think its all hunky dory. On the PD engines it was usually a sensor that failed, people would drive as per the manual to clear the light and inadvertently be clogging up their DPF..........

The CR engines dont suffer with DPF failures like the PD engines did

In my experience DPF's fail because people dont get the car checked over when the warning light comes on. The light goes away so they think its all hunky dory. On the PD engines it was usually a sensor that failed, people would drive as per the manual to clear the light and inadvertently be clogging up their DPF..........

Mine doesn't have a DPF :)

Most peoples problems with the DPF's is because they bought a 'Diesel' thinking it would save them money, however nearly every man and his dog has one now and they are being used as 'normal petrol' cars... Being used for the half a mile school run twice a day... Nowadays diesels engines don't do what they are designed to do (not in cars)... Started up in the morning and being used all day long, that's where the benefits come from owning a diesel

Reactions: dannyAshcroft89
True!
And to be honest I do exactly that, and also for the 1 or two 4 hour drives on holiday each year
that and my mechanic swaying me to the saying I will never look back at a petrol again!
But I don't understand him because as it used just as much petrol as my retired petrol cars!