Cruise and DIS retrofit coding

MooLard

Reaction score
Good evening

I spent this evening carefully fitting a new steering wheel module, cruise stalk and wiper stalk with DIS buttons.
I also added a grounding wire to the dashboard loom so as to cancel out the low washer bottle alarm.
I have now run in to a bit of a hurdle as the sets of instructions that I have followed say something about logging certain information for use later, and slightly more worrying I have had a few messages on VCDs saying that options are not available on the Lite version and I need to register.
Do I need a full version or at least registered version of the software to get it all working then?
Right now the car drives but I have an ABS issue (probably due to not being able to code it) and a couple of lights on the dash.
I am based in High Wycombe, Bucks. Has anyone in the area coded this successfully?

Many thanks

Did you log in before trying to change the coding? If you did, and still can't change anything you might need the full version.

Moolard, try a look on the vcds map (link in my signature) for members close to you who have full vcds cable. :) x

You will need the full version, and you will need to access the ABS module to tell that you have cruise and you also need to code the instruments and engine, as i have said in my pm have a look at the guide in the stickys you should be ok.

Morning early riser thanks for the reply, I'll locate someone with full vcds and go through a guide, got a friend with Vas too so hopefully it'll be similar as he's already offered to help.

You will need the original coding of the steering wheel module for reference and as mentioned the full vcds version.

I used the guide in the B7 forum sticky area which was very good.

Sorry to hijack
But what sort if price range would I be looking at to fit cruise
I already have full DIS like the Low water alert etc

I got a new cruise control stalk for £20 and cut my lower steering cowl to fit as it saves a few pennies.
Despite having dis I guess your car will need coding to acknowledge the additional function.

It also depending on what version of steering control module you have

I know about the module and the coding needs to be done,
So really not that much to do then.

May invest soon as I do a lot of motorway miles

MattyB6 - i have recently purchased an S4 and it doesnt have cruise and its first on my retrofit list!

i actually work for Audi in parts so if you want anymore info or part numbers needed just let me know!

Reactions: mattyb6
Saga continues, realised in the rain yesterday that my new wiper stalk is for a saloon and not avant, to no rear wipe function! Doh! I needed the part ending C and not B, I'm on the hunt and the auction seller said they'd take the wrong unit back minus a small restocking fee.

You need the full license to play with coding.........lite will just read codes to my knowledge

Dohh

You can still fit it, but the extra controls wont work until the coding is done.

Hi Mike

I recoded my ABS when I fitted the 312 mm front Brakes and Coilovers

it is properly registered

I thought only the free/shareware version was read only ?
Lite just doesn't have a lot of the more complex stuff (I thought)

will e mail VCDS support to see.

Thanks for your help Mike

As mentioned I am not sure about lite as I have the full version which is def needed for Cruise control. If it works all good then