alloy wheel refurb

cenci

Reaction score
a before and after shot of my alloys after kerbing. it really wasnt that hard to do, and although not perfect saved me a bit of money as i had three in total to do.

i used wurth spray paint., halfords primer and davids metal filler. wurth silver was a good match although i wasnt crazy about the wurth lacquer. maybe it was the way i applied it but didnt give me an amazing gloss shine i was hoping for. on one of the alloys i even had a bit of a rough finish. maybe should of lightly sanded before the lacquer coat? , but going to try give it a little t cut and wax next week and see how it comes out. overall not too bad and alot better than before.

a little overspray here and there on my tyres but they are getting changed anyway in 3-4 weeks.

i have an autoglym wheel alloy sealer that i will try and use regularly to maintain the silver paint finish.

biggest tip i can give is take your time, clean alloy well before you start and take your time. beware lacquer is easy to get wrong so spray in light coat to avoid runs.

IMG 20140515 123236 IMG 20140516 160822

silvers are the same just different light conditions

Looks on the first pic as if it's been refurbed before, that's defiantly not the standard colour! The standard colour is much more polished and brighter. 10/10 for trying though. It's not something id attempt myself though as is id never be happy with the outcome lol!