Where to buy shortened 3d gel plates

_Conrad_

STRONIC
Reaction score
I've currently got dubmister pressed metal plates.

Quite like the look of gel plates that are shortened as I've got a private plate with 2 then 3 characters.

Are these legal and where you lot getting them from?

Cheers

shortness wise, as long as the space between your first 2 and last 3 characters is 'legal' then they are absolutely fine, if you mean gel lettering and digits from what I remember ANPR cameras have a bit of an issue reading and depending who see's you they might tell you to remove them, friend of mine had them on his Golf R, carbon fibre style gel lettering he was pulled over and asked nicely to remove them or take the £30 fine per plate.

Yeah would get the correct spacing just chopped the blank bits of at the ends. I would get the plane coloured ones as that's what I prefer but just in 3d.

I've had 3d metal plates on for a while now with no hassle I guess it depends on the old bill that stop you.

Yeah would get the correct spacing just chopped the blank bits of at the ends. I would get the plane coloured ones as that's what I prefer but just in 3d.

I've had 3d metal plates on for a while now with no hassle I guess it depends on the old bill that stop you.

Yeah to be fair he was in Bradford in a heavily modified Golf R and he's only 23 so they just needed a reason I suppose, can order them online readily shortened I got mine from Halfords but I wasn't fussed about the font just wanted them plain so they do the trick, used to have pressed plates myself with the 'slits' in the letters never got stopped for those, just YOLO it carry your others in the boot, if you get stopped apologise and tell them you'll get it sorted job done ;)

The domed resin gel are not road legal. You'll note the ebay seller above only states the UK pressed are road legal. All others are showplates only.

You also have to be registered to make UK road legal number plates.
https://www.gov.uk/number-plate-supplier
I can't find the company on the above ebay advert. The address on ebay appears to be a University campus address. Be interesting to see which postcode is on the number plate as well as this would may render it illegal as well as they may not be approved number plate makers.

Thanks for the replys.

Just asked the seller few questions so will clear thinks up hopefully!

Just thought I would update on this seller said this back "We can do it on a 13" or 162 plate, depending on the REG, it'll be road legal too. These cost an extra £5 for each shorter plate".

Just thought I would update on this seller said this back "We can do it on a 13" or 162 plate, depending on the REG, it'll be road legal too. These cost an extra £5 for each shorter plate".

If you decide to order can you update the thread with a pic of the plate (reg obscured)? If I were a betting man I am going to guess that these won't be UK road legal and I will let you know why from the pics :eyebrows:

Yeah will do I've asked for a price and making sure it's going to have the bs mark and the post code.

My letters of my plate fit on a 13" plate with correct spacing just cuts of the ends which are blank.