Help! Upgrade advice need for A3 Symphony to Concert stereo

BenBRG

Reaction score
Hello all,

I realise this is my first post on here and from (too!) many hours on other forums (Mx5 and Pistonheads mainly) I know its a novice move to post a help thread immediately. So I can confirm I have had a good search both on this forum and the interwebs about this but struggling to find the right info - perhaps I am not searching for the right terms. Apologies if I have missed something obvious.

I am trying to upgrade the Symphony stereo in my 8P A3 Sportback (05) to a Concert Unit. I purchased the keys, removed the old stereo and mistakenly thought it would be plug and play exercise.

So what I need assistance with is: will it be possible to fit the Concert unit and if so, what adaptor or loom etc will I require?

If it helps inform the response: I have no satellite nav, no Bose, no CD changer, no wheel mounted controls.

Any assistance really appreciated!

Pics as follows:

Existing Symphony unit:
330e5pe.jpg

Existing unit removed:
w170ph.jpg

Reverse of existing unit:
euh4qb.jpg

New Concert unit:
34q5s34.jpg

Reverse of new Concert unit:
2kmpfp.jpg

Welcome to the site.

Radio antenna system wont be optimal its a different setup, would be better to fit the nav unit as its compatible with the radio antenna system already in your car.

We can offer to either fit the concert & adapt the antenna system currently fitted or a nav unit & all leads etc.

Ping a PM if of interest :)