£80 for a tank and under 200 miles!

mr.raw

Reaction score
Filled the 2.Tfsi and its about 100 miles from empty and i will be under 200 miles. I did a trip to Bristol and the car said 30mpg,around town its saying 14-20.

I am not really flooring it now and i am surprised its this thirsty :)

I'd suggest something is definitely wrong there as I could get over 300 miles per tank from a 350bhp 2.0T S3 (with mods) if I wasn't nailing it.

I'd get it looked at as it's burning way too much fuel (assuming it's not leaking or being syphoned off by the neighbours!).

Yeah i did think about it being stolen lol. I am doing lots of small trips but a 2.0Tfsi cab doing less than 200 miles a tank cannot be correct.

I got over 150 miles from a tank when at the Ring for a weekend. I'd expect you to be getting 250+ to be honest.

Check:

1) When was it last serviced
2) Are your tyre pressures correct
3) Get it checked for fault codes

I know it's a heavy car but that's still way too low.

It been serviced and its 8000 miles from the next one. Just had gearbox oil done.(auto). Tyres are all fine. No faults as i had it scanned when gearbox oil was done and also when coolant leak was fixed.

How's the temperature...is it bang on 90c? Have you been driving in 30mph areas and trIckling along a very low speeds?....the 2.0t's hate that type of thing.

BR
A

30 Most of the time is not 2.0t's favourite position. They really hate going slow.....I was shocked stuck in traffic and watching the engine drink the stuff. If you are not getting any faults you should take it for a good steady 70mph trip and see how it performs...it may just be the driving conditions that are returning the poor mpg....I hope.

BR
A

I would say something is definitely not right.
I do mostly town driving & short trips in my 2.0 TFSi and always get around 350 miles to a full tank. Throw a couple of decent motorway trips in and its 400 miles. If I do very long motorway trips only, say Manchester to Glasgow and back then I can get just over 500 miles to a tank, driving at steady 70 mph speeds.

+1 on: there's gotta be something going wrong.mines a thirsty *****, doing town driving most of the time and still get around 350 ish miles from a full tank.
this might be a stupid question but..
what sort fuel are you using?
proper one ,or some supermarket crap?

Hey I get about 350 to 400 miles per tank out of my tfsi auto with a mixture of town and motorway driving. I use standard petrol as mine doesn't seem to run as well on the higher octane. Using the best branded oil makes a difference I've been seeing 35mpg + with the roof down at 70 miles per hour.

I do indeed use top brand oil so I'm not sure why this is so low tbh. I will run it down and see the actual mpg figures

Thats so bad! I'm glad I never went for a 2.0tfsi now! In my old 2.0 tdi 140 I managed to get from Birmingham to amsterdam and back on 1 tank!

I am getting between 400-450 miles from a full tank with my 2.0T driving sensibly.
About 100 less if a few nails are thrown in the mix so something aint right!!

ranges between 24 and 35mpg casual driving about and have gotten it to 42 on M'way

yep you should get 400 ish normal driving
first off id change the CTS its only cheap and very easy to fit

mines getting changed on my b8 this week as iv lost around 70 miles per tank on a run I do every week.

The car computer is saying about 20mpg around town and 30mpg on motorway. I am thinking maybe the mileage counter could be wrong . I will use a fuel app and write the milage on the clock down and see whats what.

yep you should get 400 ish normal driving
first off id change the CTS its only cheap and very easy to fit

mines getting changed on my b8 this week as iv lost around 70 miles per tank on a run I do every week.

Whats CTS mate?

Petrol owners complaining about economy :huh: maybe it's not as it should be, but even still all these petrol economy threads make me laugh.

Petrol owners complaining about economy :huh: maybe it's not as it should be, but even still all these petrol economy threads make me laugh.

If you are getting half the mpg of others with same engine then it's not really about not realising that petrol is not as economical as a diesel.

I bought the 2.0tfsi knowing it would not give me the same mpg as my golf did. My post more based about the fact that something is not quite right :)

I think what you have to bear in mind is any petrol running cold and doing slow town type work is going to really drink the fuel, whereas any diesel will drink a little more than normal but nothing to worry about.

I have the 2.0 T-FSi, and drive mainly around town and in traffic, and get 300 miles or a bit more to a full fill-up.

On a bad day, my daily 10 mile trip to work shows 18 MPG on the DIS. On a good day, up to 25 MPG.

Recently I did a 100 mile motorway trip each way, and got around 35 MPG on the DIS, and an extra 80 miles on that fill up.