Channel tunnel train warning

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
Trip into France on eurotunnel this week and noticed the following damage after leaving the tailgate open for a couple of minutes on the upper deck of the twin deck carriages.

I thought there was clearance against the grill that runs the length of the upper deck carriage roof but any train movement jolts the carriage and tailgate causing slight impacts that cause the damage..... BE WARNED.

Hopefully the touch up kit I bought and a steady hand and bit of spit and polish will put it right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 599
I have a similar problem when I open the tailgate in my garage. It will hit the garage door! So I stuck a foam pad to the underside of the garage door which stops any damage.

Thanks for the warning about Eurotunnel. I will be using them twice later this year although I usually ask if I can go on the lower deck and those controlling the loading seem quite happy to oblige.

I have a similar problem when I open the tailgate in my garage. It will hit the garage door! So I stuck a foam pad to the underside of the garage door which stops any damage.

Thanks for the warning about Eurotunnel. I will be using them twice later this year although I usually ask if I can go on the lower deck and those controlling the loading seem quite happy to oblige.

I use eurotunnel once or twice a month on average, more often currently, in a mixture of hire cars or mine and don't usually ask for a particular deck, I will now in future when using my own car. Annoying thing is I raised the tailgate very slowly and checked there was clearance but stupidly did not take account of the effect of any train movement, oh well lesson learned (the hard way)

Still needs a further polish but pretty pleased with the end results for a first attempt, under normal magnification it is hard to spot - used Audi scratch repair kit (base and acrylic coats) together with a dremel mini polisher, learning is to use a toothpick for application, rather than the supplied brushes, fill proud and polish away

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 371
Reactions: Joetidman and bobinder