TDI Dilema

[ QUOTE ]
Colour is a very personal thing - for cars as well as other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean David. My favouirte colours are pink or brown, it's always a tough choice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

I think Honda do a nice pink for the Jazz model !

[ QUOTE ]
When's the last time you saw a brown car? (mud doesn't count)

[/ QUOTE ]

Saab 9-5 comes (or certainly came) in a lovely shade of poop brown.

I saw a convoy of Light Brown (sand) coloured Land Rovers the other day - does that count ! They were clean but not very shinny. The drivers were all wearing clothes that matched their vehicles. Perhaps they were on the way to the local desert !

lol, "And sir, may i draw your attention to our flagship, which i'm pleased to say, is now offered in the dazzling poop colour".....

Nice one Rich; Heard about your purchase this morning from cookie...

Plenty of punch in the 2.0 tdi (albeit a little rattly at tick over!)..
New A3 is great; nice feel through the steering and solid on the road and I quite like akoya also...

Standard spec is ok also, my old 2.0fsi had std spec and was fine...

Good luck with it, Did you see Lee for it?..

[ QUOTE ]
Nice one Rich; Heard about your purchase this morning from cookie...

New A3 is great; nice feel through the steering and solid on the road and I quite like akoya also...

Standard spec is ok also, my old 2.0fsi had std spec and was fine...

Good luck with it, Did you see Lee for it?..

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks jon, cookie told me that you'd been in this morning!

Yeah Leigh sorted out the deal, I haven't dealt with him before but I have found him excellent!

Should be getting the car next Friday and I am really looking forward to it! I'll be sad to see the S3 going but will be happy to get rid of that old polo that i'm driving about! Time to get my street cred back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You know what this means though mate? I need a phone kit installing again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just got my TDI back from its first serivce and although they didnt fix any of the faults the little unit is a whole heap quieter on tickover than before - new oil seems to make a difference! most people have noticed it too so its not just me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No prob; although I am not sure I can guarantee the full breakfast we had with it last time we fitted it... what do you rekon XVW?...

Mines booked in for its first service next week does that mean it will sound a little quieter when I get it back?

[ QUOTE ]
No prob; although I am not sure I can guarantee the full breakfast we had with it last time we fitted it... what do you rekon XVW?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Jon.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So Martin, how say you on the big breakfast??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ginner - mine was really noticable when it was returned, let me know how yours goes!

When I told a mate of mine I'd ordered an Avus Silver A3, he said:

"...just what the world needs: another f**king silver Audi!!"

If you drive on the M4 corridor, I guess he has a point - but I love Avus Silver!

(and Akoya for that matter)

One Team

Every time I look at Akoya and,to a lesser extent,Avus (MD's TT),I'm surprised they use the word 'silver' there.

They're both closer to lilac than your traditional silver.

Both lovely with it though.

I dare say it's a marketing thing.

I dare say some blokes would feel 'threatened' in some way,if they used 'Lilac' in the name.

Even my three year old daughter agrees.We'll wind her up and say "daddy's car is silver".

She'll respond " Nooo...purple ! " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif