Opinion on Audi Paint Warranty on 59 plate A3

wxc

Reaction score
Hi

I'm not too sure whether I have a case against Audi for claiming for a rusting front wing/fender. I noticed it before but clearly it's getting worse. I bought some Hammerite white paint but before applying it I wanted to see whether I should approach Audi, am I covered for Audi's Paint warranty or whatever they're "promising"?

Please see Photos:

2014 06 01 194053
2014 06 01 194017

Thanks

I think it may swing your way if you have a good relationship with your dealer, and service it there.

As if warranty won't pay out, then 'goodwill' 9/10 will. (each Audi is generally allocated £250 that goes towards goodwill)

Chances are, warranty will say it's due to stone damage(which we all know it is, can't be helped), but proving it that at this stage is going to be difficult as the rust has really taken hold.

So it may be a good thing you've left it.

Take it to your dealer, and throw all of your toys out of the pram. They'll fix it. Even if it takes a wee letter to Audi UK, dealers really wake up, and stump up to do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I'm hoping Audi in Cambridge will be more than helpful, but something tells me they're going to make it difficult to claim, all these claim stories I read online has put a lot of doubt inside my head. I'll give it a shot and see what happens

Best to get it fixed either way... it will get worse.

:)

You'll probably need to have had it serviced at an Audi garage as I would say that the damage has gotten worse over a long period and Audi will flag these sorts of issues up when getting your car serviced. You've nothing to lose by going to your local Audi dealer first and seeing what they say. However, if I were a betting man I'm guessing you're not the first owner? And that this wasn't purchased from an Audi dealer? I reckon that has been repaired and quite poorly which is why its rusted. Just a guess mind.

Yep second owner, car has full Audi service history from Cheshire oaks. I don't think it has been repaired as the paint thickness is equivalent to the other side which is perfectly fine

You'll probably need to have had it serviced at an Audi garage as I would say that the damage has gotten worse over a long period and Audi will flag these sorts of issues up when getting your car serviced. You've nothing to lose by going to your local Audi dealer first and seeing what they say. However, if I were a betting man I'm guessing you're not the first owner? And that this wasn't purchased from an Audi dealer? I reckon that has been repaired and quite poorly which is why its rusted. Just a guess mind.

And no I didn't buy it direct from Audi, it was a private purchase

That's a strange spot for an A3 to rust - unless it's been run with wheel spacers or wider wheels than it was designed for in its previous life! Even so, there's no harm in taking it to a main dealer & at least trying to get some joy

Full service history and your laughing. The fact you didn't own it from new is irrelevant.

Audi take pride at being top of the VWG tree. They'll fix it. They know the car, and unless it was noted in its previous health checks that a stone chip was on the arch (unlikely) then sleep easy.

As I've said, even if warranty don't pay out, goodwill definitely will.

Cambridge Audi had a look today and to my surprise has booked it in for a claim not just on the front Left wing but also the Right wing as it's showing signs of corrosion.

Your right Artimus, even the guy said he's never seen that place rust before.. he took paint thickness measurements and confirmed it had been re-sprayed where some stone chips were (hmmm) nevertheless he said even if it was resprayed, it shouldn't be rusting like that.

Am waiting for confirmation now, fingers crossed!

Reactions: Artimus
Great news, car booked in to replace front L and R wing under Audi's anti-corrosion warranty!!!

Reactions: Artimus and mjr901
I was going to ask the same question lol, something told me you had some influence, either ways i'm very grateful for your helps and Audi for being so cooperative :)

Reactions: Artimus