ABS

CJ A4

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
ABS amber light has appeared on my dash. Also i usually have the ESP off but now i cant turn it on at all which don't bother me. Both lights stay on constantly? Any ideas?
Brakes still work fine....will i just have problems under heavy braking in the wet? Please help

Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

you need to plug in and read the fault code with vag-com then post the code you get, a speed censor may need cleaning or replacing
the brakes will still work fine but they can lock up under hard braking and the light being on is an MOT fail

Ok thanks pete it's in for a major service next Thursday anyway so it will get sorted out then......just wanted to make sure it will be ok for another week!
Cheers pal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

CJ - When is the ESP on? Is it illuminated or not? I normally drive with no light on so do I have it on or off....all very confusing.

CJ - I'm at Lakeside Karting on Saturday if you want me to VAG-COM it?

[ QUOTE ]
CJ - When is the ESP on? Is it illuminated or not? I normally drive with no light on so do I have it on or off....all very confusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Light off = ESP on and monitoring.

Light on = ESP off.

Light flickering while driving and giving it a bit of stick = ESP cutting in.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CJ - I'm at Lakeside Karting on Saturday if you want me to VAG-COM it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the offer Scotty but i have a full weekend scheduled and won't have the time. Much appreciated though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what BUB said Necro...

Cheers BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif