BW 29, 30, 31, 32

Oh my goodness - what a pain. You can't even watch your delivery ship going in circles whan it should be heading into Fremantle port, instead can you visit your dealer and at least have a look at your machine as the need occurs or to take photos?

And it takes them another week to do paperwork, by the sound of it .....

I bet you're scouring the horizon every day looking for the GL? It can't be much longer else it'll run out of fuel (that's the GL not your car!).

Glospete - you ARE still around!

We thought you'd gone off cavorting and generally enjoying yourself elsewhere with your new super machine and forgotten all those who have to wait .. and wait … still waiting; … or your wife has finally been able to convince you not to be sad …?

GL is sitting in Fremantle dock as we speak. I'm just hoping it isn't slowing down even more - currently it's due at Port Kembla next Tuesday (our time). I can't see that far from where I live, so no scouring possible, but I might drive down south and have a look at the port - and GL, if I feel the need strongly enough. Nothing strange about me .....

Yep, I turn up just like a bad penny!

Car is great and I've done just over 1400 miles so far so I'll post up a Running Report in the next couple of weeks. I still need to spend a day sitting in the car on the driveway with the instruction books to try to learn all the features - the technology is mind blowing and I don't want to be missing any features. It took me until yesterday to find out how to adjust the angle of the seat base! (We're a little slow on the uptake up here in the UK as you know).

My wife is feeling very comfortable in the car now - she even trusts the ACC! But she knows I'm a sad bast*** - after 38 years with me she should!

Thanks chaps for the kind words, well today I received a call from the dealers saying that have had confirmation from the lease company to deliver my A3 on the 15th, next Monday and due to the errors made they are throwing in a big goodie bag. I was a bit cheeky asking for the mini plastic audi car for my 17 month son and vented my dissatisfaction of an extremely poor service buy both the lease company and dealers and guess what the lease company is arranging one to be delivered so that was pretty kool.
So only 5 days to go again and both my son and I get new cars so happy days. If the delivery goes pear shaped again then I guess I have to top up my oyster travel card.....come on Monday hurry up and get ready for the photos of the A3 with me spread over the bonnet in my matching Daytona colour mankini, Happy days!!!

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
Thanks chaps for the kind words, well today I received a call from the dealers saying that have had confirmation from the lease company to deliver my A3 on the 15th, next Monday and due to the errors made they are throwing in a big goodie bag. I was a bit cheeky asking for the mini plastic audi car for my 17 month son and vented my dissatisfaction of an extremely poor service buy both the lease company and dealers and guess what the lease company is arranging one to be delivered so that was pretty kool.
So only 5 days to go again and both my son and I get new cars so happy days. If the delivery goes pear shaped again then I guess I have to top up my oyster travel card.....come on Monday hurry up and get ready for the photos of the A3 with me spread over the bonnet in my matching Daytona colour mankini, Happy days!!!

Looking foreword to the pics :)

BUT not the mankini clad one's tho' ... :eek::undwech:

Only kidding no photos of me just the car.....those are for the special website.......hehehe.....cannot wait!!!!!!

Well done FF; good for you. I'll look forward to seeing that great colour choice of yours .....

Yep, I turn up just like a bad penny!

Car is great and I've done just over 1400 miles so far so I'll post up a Running Report in the next couple of weeks. I still need to spend a day sitting in the car on the driveway with the instruction books to try to learn all the features - the technology is mind blowing and I don't want to be missing any features. It took me until yesterday to find out how to adjust the angle of the seat base! (We're a little slow on the uptake up here in the UK as you know).

My wife is feeling very comfortable in the car now - she even trusts the ACC! But she knows I'm a sad bast*** - after 38 years with me she should!

Well Pete, just get on with it and spend that day. I want to know what you find out so I'm well armed before I get mine. Don't you just press the button or lift the lever to adjust the seat base angle - now you have me worried - I want real mind blowing technology you know. Ok that means it best we have (you supply) some good examples ..... please ....

Yes after 38 years it sounds like she deserves a medal too - nah, just kidding, how could I say that about a fellow oldie Audi forum follower of such amplitude ......

Don't you just press the button or lift the lever to adjust the seat base angle -.

Ah that's what I was doing but like the seat height it's on a ratchet. Doh!
And I got text messaging set up yesterday - I needed to add Notifications to the iPhone Bluetooth profile. So much to learn and so little time to do it....

MOTD finished, going to bed only 2 more sleeps (as my daughter says) and it's delivery day and the 3 month wait is over. Come on Monday hurry up. My wife Jenney is really hoping that by 11.00 on Monday that I will stop taking about the ****** thing, stop reading the Audi brochure which is now so faded and stop going on about the threads in this forum..........how wrong she is, well I might not look at the brochure anymore so I guess she's right a little bit.....for once.

Come on my sparkley A3...come to papa!!!!

MOTD finished, going to bed only 2 more sleeps (as my daughter says) and it's delivery day and the 3 month wait is over. Come on Monday hurry up. My wife Jenney is really hoping that by 11.00 on Monday that I will stop taking about the ****** thing, stop reading the Audi brochure which is now so faded and stop going on about the threads in this forum..........how wrong she is, well I might not look at the brochure anymore so I guess she's right a little bit.....for once.

Good luck for tomorrow morning FF- and hopefully you'll post some photos too - very soon?

Pete - you must have found out some more by now - learning about the features & technology - but we are still waiting to hear about all of this and what have you given us ...... ??

You do realise as an early receiver - your duty is to supply good interesting information to the rest of us ...even if there's only three of us left, (Longy & me) and FF will get his tomorrow, then there was two ........

Oh how wrong she'll be - the new refrain will be "do you realise that the A3 has xxxxxx".

And DON'T FORGET THE PHOTOS (but hold those of the mankini).

Good luck for tomorrow morning FF- and hopefully you'll post some photos too - very soon?

Pete - you must have found out some more by now - learning about the features & technology - but we are still waiting to hear about all of this and what have you given us ...... ??

You do realise as an early receiver - your duty is to supply good interesting information to the rest of us ...even if there's only three of us left, (Longy & me) and FF will get his tomorrow, then there was two ........

Be patient. be patient ... all comes to those who wait! A report will be posted this coming week. I promise!
Now where is the GL today - VesselFinder shows it in Melbourne?

It sure is! :yahoo:
Well sstorra, you are obviously happy - have you checked to see if your S3 came off GL?

It's about time GL left Melbourne - I don't want it late again - it needs to be in port Kembla by Tuesday morning with my car - I think mine is the last one on GL, that we're aware of.

Pete, do I have to wait even more - OK I'll hold you to the first report within a week ....... (notice the "first" reference).

She has finally arrived!!

Took delivery of my A3 Sportback S-Line 1.4 COD. Only had a short journey from offices to my hotel but I took the country lane route and I must say " ****** loved every 18 miles of the journey".
What still amazes me the the build quality, the sound of opening and closing the doors, the sports suspension is super kool and it sticks to the road like it was nailed to it. Love, love, love it!!!
The audi sound system works a treat and yes I copied my iTunes library onto my sd card and it all works fine including artwork.
For a 1.4 she shifts very well and I am really impressed with the S-Tronic. Was going take it easy but could not resist putting my foot down on my first drive.

Love the way the sound goes down when she is in reverse....I am sure there will be loads of treats to explore as time goes by.

Gandv and sstorra really hope your cars arrive ASAP.... I am feeling your pain!!

Just a little photo but more to follow over the next week or so with a more detailed review once I have had a chance to drive her and read the manuals.

Got to go as I am not eating in the hotel tonight as going to find a restaurant 100 miles away........wonder why?

Reactions: gandv, sstorra and monopole
Looks great and knew you'd be pleased with it. The 1.4 COD is definitely underrated - the smoothness of the engine keeps amazing me and yet it has a good turn of speed (even if not in S3 territory!).

Have a good meal and looking forward to more pics!

Excellent FF - it's so good to hear you like it so much, reassuring for us too, that our decision will be a good one - looks great - love the colour too .... Poor you having to drive so far to tonight's restaurant - I don't know how you'll put up with that ....

Well GL is just over an hour or so south of Port Kembla. Hopefully she'll go straight in - the vehicle carrier berth is free - still I'm sure that wouldn't stop GL from doing circles anyway. I'm going for a drive down there this morning, because I'm feeling like having an excursion, so why not. I probably won't be able to see much, but we'll see (or not).

Last port for you Gandv, and it docked without any loops and circles.

Did you manage to get a glimpse of your car being off loaded?

Last port for you Gandv, and it docked without any loops and circles.

Did you manage to get a glimpse of your car being off loaded?

Port Kembla is a terrible location to try and see into. I managed to find a small hill behind our Glorious Leader, but it was 1.3 kms away, so very difficult to see much, even with binoculars. I arrived, about half an hour or so after the ship, just before noon and the ramp was halfway down. It was many minutes later before it was fully down but then no action at all from the ship. There were cars and vans with drivers being driven around (no Audi's) but it appeared to be just re-arranging existing cars there, of which there were heaps.

There was a storm and hail warning current (and stayed until about 2:30 I think), and all I can guess at was they delayed off loading because of that maybe???? I've been checking the WWL site and that's now been updated and shows my car coming off at 2:40 pm, which is well after I left.

Some photos - some are close to real distance and others are taken on full zoom of 480 mm. The first are from north looking at the rear of GL and then I drove around the port to the southern side and took some there too, although it had become somewhat hazy/misty by then. Unfortunately that's as close as I could get.

1st from the north - That's black shade cloth in the foreground with lots of cars stored underneath - Ramp coming down, then much later, it's down - Photo 4 & 5 from the south - There are cars everywhere including around the front as well, see last photo.

14 09 16 Port Kembla GL at dock 005s 14 09 16 Port Kembla GL at dock 008s 14 09 16 Port Kembla GL at dock 013s 14 09 16 Port Kembla GL at dock 039s 14 09 16 Port Kembla GL at dock 036s

Lots of inactivity at the ramp.
14 09 16 Port Kembla GL at dock 029c

Did the hail storm eventuat? Hopefully your cars are ok and un-effected, that would be absolutely bad luck, after a long wait, your car take hail damage before you even take delivery.

Did the hail storm eventuat? Hopefully your cars are ok and un-effected, that would be absolutely bad luck, after a long wait, your car take hail damage before you even take delivery.

My exact thoughts when I was driving myself home to get under cover, just in case. Hail damage now - what a horrific thought.

While there was hail SW of Sydney, near but not at Campbelltown, fortunately the storms did pass without problems.

(Emden - What a disaster that would have been)

As promised here are my thoughts on the first 1500 miles in my A3 1.4 TFSI COD Sportback. The bottom line is I love it and I've absolutely no regrets going for this model.

What I really like
  • the amazingly smooth and responsive engine - I have had many types of engine (including V8) but this is just soooo smooth. No NVH and I cannot detect when it changes from 4 to 2 cylinders. 40+mpg is easily obtainable irrespective of driving style so once run-in I think closer to 50mpg will be achievable. And £20 pa road tax! It's needed NO oil in the first 1500 miles so my careful running in puts paid to the theory of thrashing it to minimise oil consumption!
  • the smoothness of the 7 speed S-Tronic gearbox (I have it with my TT and that was one of the reasons why I went for the A3)
  • the design especially the detail in front of the front wheel
  • the fantastic interior - it just oozes class especially with the extended mono-pur interior finish which really lifts it to the class above
  • the LED headlights - they are bright and have a colour balance close to daylight
  • the high beam assist which detects cars in front and coming towards me quicker than I could. And how it knows that a bright street light is not a car is beyond me.
  • Tech package - I'm still learning it but the Google Earth and Street View is wonderful as is the picture destinations feature
  • The Audi Sound System is perfectly good enough for me and whilst I haven't heard the B&O I don't think with my hearing I'd detect much difference
  • LED DRL and turn lights - just look amazing.
  • Adaptive Cruise Control - takes a while to trust it (and sometimes I still don't!) but it makes driving less stressful

What I'm not so keen on
  • the Stop/Start system (but see below)
  • the boot liner
  • I specced the driver assistance package and whist the speed limit display works well I can't say that the active lane assist is something that I'll use a lot
  • reversible load floor mat was, in retrospect, a mistake as I didn't realise that it is only really of use when the seats are folded. So I bought a boot liner (see below)
  • the Hold Assist - the jury's out on this one for me. Of course I can switch it off but I like the idea and it's just that if held on the HA I need to either give a small tap to release it before I pull away or else there is a slight jolt which annoys me.

What changes I've made
  • Kufatec device to disable stop/start (but can be re-enabled any time in the future using the same device )
  • Alloy pedal covers (same as S3)
  • Metal foot rest
  • Audi power light (4F0947175) to replace the 12v socket dummy cover - useful and good looking.
  • Carbox Form LS low boot liner 20-1466 PLUS the Carbox Anti-Slip Mat which poppers onto the liner and gives protection when loading and unloading from the boot. All bought from www.roofbox.co.uk. Photo of course is not from an A3 cos I haven't taken a photo yet!
  • OSIR gloss black key cover (just pops around the existing key but is nicer!)
Some photos are attached. You've probably seen enough of my actual car so haven't uploaded them again!

Reactions: gandv, cuke2u, FishyFinger and 1 other person
gandv - where are you? Where's your car - WE WANT REPORT & PICTURES !!

I've seen that gandv has posted pictures on ozaudi (although I was not allowed to see them as I wasn't registered). So we are not "top of mind" in Audi forums for him. We're very offended LOL - now where are those photos?

I've seen that gandv has posted pictures on ozaudi (although I was not allowed to see them as I wasn't registered). So we are not "top of mind" in Audi forums for him. We're very offended LOL - now where are those photos?

Reactions: glospete
Perfect timing, Gandv will be at the dealership right now picking up his new ride!

Indeed I was .... it's a good feeling .... after all that time ... and the wait is worthwhile.

Pete, Longy has said it for me. It's easy to sign up as you know

I'm a bit slow to post; 1.) because I was kinda busy luxuriating, and 2.) Unfortunately this thread is getting sparse - and for Longy, it looks like he wins the title of last man standing and he will be the last BW 29-32 car to arrive. Never mind Longy - it's good, sorry very very good when it gets here.
Anyway some photos of Daytona Grey in it's rather difficult to photograph (to reflect it as in real life that is) form.

Sba14 09 27 S3 Today 002

Sbb14 09 27 S3 Today 015

Sbc14 09 27 S3 Today 045

Sbd14 09 27 S3 Today 054

sb14 09 27 S3 Today 061

Sce14 09 27 S3 Today 090

Scf14 09 27 S3 Today 112

Sb 14 09 27 S3 Today 087

I've haven't driven it lots yet, but I'm enjoying it more the more I do.
(I know the number plate is awful - the dealer ordered these that have his - the dealership's name on the plate itself, and the front one is big instead of the slimline it should have been.) I've personalised plates from years ago, which I'll be going to, in the fullness of time .....

Cheers guys, thanks for asking; Geoff from Sydney (ganv)

Reactions: xssiiv, glospete and Longy
Yes, with the large space on front grill, the only plates that fit well is the full size Euro plates, and attached by double sided tape rather than inside a frame so that it's flush against the car.

Wow, Geoff, it looks stunning! Well worth the months of waiting eh? I was tempted by grey but my last car was grey so wanted a change and as the TT looks so good in white .... Thanks for posting the photos - now we'll be waiting for your first impressions report! See, we don't let you relax on this forum - there's always a demand for something or other from us Audiers!

Enjoy the fantastic car and drive safely!