Electrical help needed

boytrigg

Reaction score
went out to the car tonight started it up brake warning light came on straight away thought that was strange turned it of then back on again it went away put my lights on drove about for a bit the traction control light came on and stayed on my dash lights were flickering on and of indicators and full beam and horn stopped working climate control and cd player flickering also everything in the car electrical would work now and again any advise what it could be cant be driving the car with no indicators nothings is ever simple with these cars haha

I occasionally have the brake warning lights come on at start up and the traction control light has come on all on its own once or twice. Ive had the car scanned and no fault codes. The only thing i can think of its the ballasts from my HID's interfering with the ECU. Do you have aftermarket HID's?

Yeh I've got hids in they have been in for last 2 months strange they would just start playing up but il unplug them and hopefully that solves the problem

HID ballasts are known to cause interference with the ESP/ABS system for some reason. there's a few threads on here regarding it and also one on mounting your ballasts somewhere so they dont interfere with the cars computers. :)

took the hids out put them back to normal bulbs still the same problem persists but now the wipers dont work which is a pain when you live in scotland lol checked the earth all seems fine no water in the pollen or ecu just a nighmare comes and goes every couple of seconds