TPMS Warning Light (TPMS NOT installed though...)

Jameze

James
Reaction score
Firstly, apologies for another TPMS thread... there's loads about recently.

This one is slightly different though...

I originally followed all the guidance found in the threads you've seen knocking about and tried to retrofit this into my car. But, being a MY10, I came across the same problem everyone else did whereby there was no option within the DIS to reset the TPMS (I needed a physical button).

So I coded all the code out (or so I thought) and went back to how it was pre-TPMS. I got a warning light though when I next put air in my tyres so obviously the car had detected a change in values and the system flagged up a warning.

Unable to reset this (I didn't have VCDS or the button) I just stuck with it for a few months. I had my MOT this morning though and was under the impression that a TPMS warning / malfunction would lead to a failure under the new rules, so I made arrangements to meet Mike Foster yesterday who kindly helped me out at short notice.

We followed the original guides I used from the past threads and checked each part again and again.

The only bit of rogue code we found left over was the following...

DSC01664_zps7c6b3d68.jpg

(Note this picture is actually from the thread, as mine is a 2010 is does show 4 digits, only 2).

Mine was displaying '11' so we changed it back to '10' as it should have been.

I thought this was the cause of my problems and hoped it would solve the issue. The TPMS warning light was still on but I figured maybe the system had to be reset manually via VCDS to clear the warning and then it would never return.

All seemed well until AFTER my MOT. A nail was spotted in my tyre during the MOT so they checked to see if it was losing any pressure (which they said it wasn't). But by adding air to my tyres, the system must have spotted a change in the pressure values and 5 minutes into my journey home from the garage, the same TPMS warning light and beep came on again!

I'm well and truly puzzled as we checked each bit of coding to make sure the TPMS coding was out, yet it is still obviously somehow active.

Any suggestions??? It's so puzzling!