Locking unlocking not working

Kilough

Reaction score
Hi all,

The drivers door doesn't unlock with the remote key, only works by manually turning it. It does lock though remotely. I'm wondering has anyone had this before? Is there anything I could try to try and pinpoint the problem and maybe fix it myself?

Also, I've just came across a new problem. My cigarette light port wasn't working, so I swapped the (blown) 20A fuse for the 20A fuse working the electronic unit in the boot. Cigarette lighter working again and I was happy enough until I tried opening the boot with the key and now it doesn't work obviously. So, I changed the fuse for the electronic unit in the back and the boot still won't open :(. The electronic unit fuse is still intact so not sure what's up as it was working perfectly until I messed around with the fuses!

Anyone got any ideas on either problem?!

One of the 3 micro switches in the door mech has failed, had exactly the same thing happen with mine. You'll need to replace the whole part as it's pretty much impossible to pull the unit apart to replace the switch.

Would it be common for the same switch to go in the boot? The keyfob is working fine and the indicator lights flash when I press the key fob so there is power going to the boot..makes me think there is an issue with the switch at the boot handle.

how much would I be talking to get the door switch unit replaced? Im presuming its a tricky job so id prob have to bring it to a garage.

Last edited: