S3...alarm going off/ boot open light showing/ back windscreen wiper doesn't work ??

Jakes3

Reaction score
I have an S3 and currently the alarm keeps going and the light on the dash shows that my boot is open when it's not....the back windscreen wiper also now longer works.
Any suggestions please :)

You haven't fitted new headlight bulbs have you?

Have you checked fuse(s)?

hi no new lightbulbs and yes have checked the fuses .....the front wipers no longer work either ?

Sorry meant to say that you haven't upgraded the OEM headlight bulbs to HID at any point?

Have you checked the bonnet switch and the boot microswitch? I have heard to them dropping off or stopping working. The bonnet open causes the front wipers to stop working (bonnet has to be shut for them to work??) The boot microswitch might expain the alarm and the boot/bonnet open light as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakes3
just changed the fuse to the wipers and cleaned the switches and now just checked the bonnet catch ....thanks so far so good !! just reset the car just waiting to see if the alarm goes off again ....thanks again for your help :)

The light still continues to flash saying the boot is open although its no longer triggering the alarm ??
The back wiper no longer works ??

Last edited:
This normally happens when the rear wiper is is blocked and people keep pressing the rear screen clean,water then forces it way out of the motor and on to the tailgate micro switch which is in the catch from memory,if you take off the interior rear trim it might have water all over the inside of the tailgate as this happens a lot in winter when the rear wiper blocks/freezes up and happens on most of the vag range.

If it doesn't go inside the tailgate the washer pipe can also blow itself apart on the connector inside the rubber boot between the tailgate and roof panel and when this happens water normally wets through the car such as roof lining and drivers side 'C' pillar trim,then down at the side of the rear seat and seat base.

Hi thanks for the reply the micro switch was full of water,just cleaned it out all ok now.