suggestions on nice 'winter' wheels?

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
So thinking ahead towards the winter, salt on the roads etc. everyone knows alloys get covered in everything and start to get damaged.

I dont want to get my AVAs destroyed as they are my babies :laugh: so what would you suggest for a decent winter setup? No smaller than 18s as its a big car, not going to buy new as they are only winter set.

Obviously want something cheap cheap. Was thinking of getting a set of wheels and spraying them black, would look mean as ****. Also want something that will look good for going to car cruises etc.

Open to any suggestions that will suit a black A4.

Have the original 17s in my garage but they look sheeet :p

heres a pic if you want to photoshop

14420960843_4aef7870b1_c.jpg

From where I live, "winter" conditions can last from October to May, so I looked into the special deals that Audi have for winter wheels and tyres. It turned out, that for S4, they offered 18", but special narrow wheels (narrower than normal 18") which were just wide enough for the winter tyres they were selling with them. I looked on ebay and found the usual older 5 spoke 18", all a bit scabby but I bought them and got them professional stripped and powder coated, my logic being that I would be keeping car and wheels for maybe 6 > 8 years and hopefully selling the wheels on after that. I fitted them with Michelin Alpin Pilots, again as I plan to keep the car for a while, these tyres just last a very long time - well have done on Passat and Polo. Fitting them early and removing them late keeps summer wheels away from salt and summer tyres away from too much rain = loss of grip, good winter tyres are also good wet weather tyres.