Lowering advise please!!!

cnahamilton

Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked in the past, but I want to lower my 2007 s3. it is on 18 rotors. I dont want coilovers. I had been thinking of either h&r or eibach. I am open to suggestions. Overall expectations... i would like the wheels to sit a bit more in the arches.

Attachments

• 20140405_164742.jpg
    20140405_164742.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 331
I have the Eibach's and love them a perfect front to rear arch gap!!!!!! Ride awesome too!

Pic.................

Reactions: lucky_bob
one on eibach and one on h&r. both look awesome, and still doesnt help lol. awesome cars!!

Reactions: Gaz-M
i would also like to fit spacers on the rear. is there likely to be any issues with scrubbing on tyres when lowered with spacers?

ST lowering springs are also very good with 25mm drop and alot cheaper than the H&R items. I have just ordered 2 sets of these for customers and also going to fit a set on my S3 which sitting on 19's and shouldnt cause any issues whatosever.

Spring choice will be down to how you want the car to sit personally. As mentioned the ST by KW are a good choice and give a good stance as well.

If I can be any help with info or prices please let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Cheers brodster that's great. So 4 wheel alignment will be in need once these are fitted then?? How much negative rake?? What will that achieve? Do you sell the springs DPM?? How much for the set?

can I chip in?

are new shocks or sports shocks recommended? should bearings and top mounts be changed at the same time?

Has anyone got a picture with the ST by KW fitted to their car ?

I'm finding the stock suspension set up on my S3 a little 'crashy', round corners it's great but on speed bumps and over rough ground it's awful! How are you guys on H&R/Eibachs finding the ride?

Last edited:
I'm finding the stock suspension set up on my S3 a little 'crashy', round corners it's great but on speed bumps and over rough ground it's awful! How are you guys on H&R/Eibachs finding the ride?

It will sound wierd but.... firmer but less crashy! And holds in the corners so so better!

So much more planted and sure footed on eibachs but you need good dampers to change the ride

Hi you still running the bilstein b8 with eibach springs are they just the 2 front springs that are eibach as that's the only ones I can find and oem on the back if so please tell me how you rate this set up and how it handle now compared to stock susp & springs.

Dave

Hi you still running the bilstein b8 with eibach springs are they just the 2 front springs that are eibach as that's the only ones I can find and oem on the back if so please tell me how you rate this set up and how it handle now compared to stock susp & springs.

Dave

Yeah just the eibach springs on the front, levels off the car. Bilsteins all round and OEM springs on rear. The crashy ride is the shocks the rear springs are fine unless you want to lower it further. I can recommend the ride quality but the front shocks need to be shortened to fit the eibachs (read my build thread for info)

I bought a set of AP coilovers and cant stand them tbh :-( I wish i had gone for a firmer pair of springs and shocks ;/
Im not worried about ride height btw...

Yeah just the eibach springs on the front, levels off the car. Bilsteins all round and OEM springs on rear. The crashy ride is the shocks the rear springs are fine unless you want to lower it further. I can recommend the ride quality but the front shocks need to be shortened to fit the eibachs (read my build thread for info)

Cheers found the info I need got a price for the shocks and it's another £50 on top to shorten them 30m so the eibachs fit right.

Dave

Yeah as above^^^^^^^ surely you should not have to pay yourself to have them shortened!!!!!