cam shaft chain skipped ??

A47

Reaction score
Hi I have audi A4 b8 2.0 TFSI with 92.800 miles on. now after this error code G40 impassible signal car was running not well I have clear the code and it never came back again but on idle and with AC on car is vibrating a lot I took it to Audi and they said cam shaft chain has skipped and I need a new one with other bits for £ 837 they also said that is save to drive and they booked me for 25.06.2014. I do have RAC warranty and they will send someone to look at it while Audi will took it apart and then they will make the decision but I have to pay for it first anyway.

So few questions
1.it took the one hour and they said they did some test and I was right we will replace these parts and it safe to drive - hod do they know that ??
2. what could be the problem ??
3. How do I check it they did what they said they are going to do ??
4.how to fight RAC warranty because they said if they find that the chain has stretched then they will not pay because its not mechanical faliure.
5. Any advise will help at this stage the car uses more fuel and its up to 2000rpm is slow then its a rocked again

I had a similar issue with mine, but the car dropped into safe mode, luckily while I was sitting at traffic lights. The car wouldn't start without the key being continuously pressed. Are you having the same problem?

Apparently the bearings to the flywheel went, knocking the timing out on the engine. I had the bearings, wheel, chain and a couple of other things replaced for a good will price of £1,200.

That was at 50,000 miles...so much for Audi's renowned build quality!

HI so after 2 days Audi said its not timing chain as it was correct well 0.5 mm out and it can be up to 2 mm then its a problem , so what was it well according to them they have found the fault after all and this is how they named it.

Carried out guided fault finding and found fault with inlet manifold acutaor G336.
Replaced inlet manifold restested vehicle all ok.
Part £ 304.12
work 388 isn
All £692.59
Car runs very good again, RAC warranty sent assessor and his report was , no carbon build up , car well looked after , electrical and mechanical fault of the component repair authorised . I am now will be waiting for my money back till they come it was me who paid for it

Thanks