Phone contacts

neil stait

Reaction score
Ok I have my new A3 sportsback and well happy

But....

I have connected my I Phone to the beast and it has recognised it

The trouble I find is when I try to download my personal contacts the car downloads from my contact book on the phone, plus every email phone number from my email account

This has given me random people that have sent me emails from China wanting to 'love me long time' Spam I hasten to add!

How do I get the car just to download my phone contacts

Any help would be appreciated

Reactions: phil1824
in iPhone Go to settings bluetooth devices and go to the car device, then you can choose which Group to syc to the car. i.e. tick those groups
You need to go to your address book first and create Groups i.e. the ones you wish to sync.
You can also download them to your car address directory. Also make them nav destinations. If you want PHOTOS in the contacts, then you need to export as vCard and import from SD card.

Ok I have my new A3 sportsback and well happy

But....

I have connected my I Phone to the beast and it has recognised it

The trouble I find is when I try to download my personal contacts the car downloads from my contact book on the phone, plus every email phone number from my email account

This has given me random people that have sent me emails from China wanting to 'love me long time' Spam I hasten to add!

How do I get the car just to download my phone contacts

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
in iPhone Go to settings bluetooth devices and go to the car device, then you can choose which Group to syc to the car. i.e. tick those groups
You need to go to your address book first and create Groups i.e. the ones you wish to sync.
You can also download them to your car address directory. Also make them nav destinations. If you want PHOTOS in the contacts, then you need to export as vCard and import from SD card.

Can you get photos when syncing from iPhone as it supports vCard?

The answer should be YES, but they did not come across for me, so I have untucked the sync box, so I do not get duplicates, and have imported them by SD card one by one. If anyone has a better method, I would be delighted to hear it.
I am also investigating how to unlink one Twitter account and link another. Have phoned Audi Customer care to ask...

Can you get photos when syncing from iPhone as it supports vCard?

The answer should be YES, but they did not come across for me, so I have untucked the sync box, so I do not get duplicates, and have imported them by SD card one by one. If anyone has a better method, I would be delighted to hear it.
I am also investigating how to unlink one Twitter account and link another. Have phoned Audi Customer care to ask...

So it's one twitter at a time then? Not that I think I will use that feature anyways.

How does it work than with the contact sync do you select individual iPhone groups of contacts?

Hi,
One can either create Groups and go to the Bluetooth menu on the phone when connected to the car and choose which Groups to sync (you can sync as many as you wish up to a max limit of contacts) but you do not get the photos.
Or you can go to each contact on your Mac or PC and export each one as a vCard onto an SD card and then import to the MMI

So it's one twitter at a time then? Not that I think I will use that feature anyways.

How does it work than with the contact sync do you select individual iPhone groups of contacts?

Hi,
One can either create Groups and go to the Bluetooth menu on the phone when connected to the car and choose which Groups to sync (you can sync as many as you wish up to a max limit of contacts) but you do not get the photos.
Or you can go to each contact on your Mac or PC and export each one as a vCard onto an SD card and then import to the MMI

Much better via bluetooth, I have loads of new contacts on almost a daily basis.

Reactions: phil1824
Audi got back to me.
At present you CANNOT delink your FB or Twitter account and then link another.
The only way to do it is to set up another MyAudi account with a different email address and then link that.
It is on their TODO list.
Phil