Coilover question, pics wanted!

a3_Ollie

Reaction score
Currently running fk streets and as everyone knows the ride is really quite awful and crashy. Looking to upgrade to either AP, KW, Weitec, FK Highsports/Silverlines etc. I'm after the tyre tucking in the arch as I go to quite a few shows and don't want to be in 4x4 mode. Was wondering if any of these go low enough? I understand FK's can go stupidly low but if FK's counterparts (silverlines/highsports/konigsports) ride similar to the streets then they are out of the question. If anyone could post some pictures of these coilovers wound all the way down so I have an idea of what to expect that'd be great. Thanks in advance!

AP, KW, Weitec all wont go low enought for what youve said you want. FKs are really the only way forward (Ultralows if you can afford them), but i wouldnt bother upgrading from AK Streets to Highsports etc, wont be much different in terms of ride quality. The price you pay for wanting to go low

If you've been looking at KW then you may aswell go ultralows. Keep an eye out as they are quick to be sold secondhand.

FK is all crap in my opinion, far too many dampers fail which could possibly be due to people removing the helpers and running them outside of the range they were designed for.

I'd say don't be a cheap ***, you've already experienced what cheap stuff does, you bought an Audi, an expensive car, now put expensive parts on it.

Reactions: s3_trev
I would love to hear some feedback on someone with H&R coilovers actually. They are like the standard choice for springs, but for coilovers not so much.

I would love to hear some feedback on someone with H&R coilovers actually. They are like the standard choice for springs, but for coilovers not so much.

I'll be able to add that feedback after tomorrow..

Reactions: s3_trev
Yeah I should be able to pick up a set of ultralows second hand and im thinking that's the route im going to take, looking forward to seeing smurfs S3 on ultra lows!

I've got some H&R V2 (KONI dampers & H&R SPRINGS) second hand coilovers and I will fit them by middle of next month and let you know.
the highest settings on the H&R are very low and I cant wait.
they will be replacing my B12 spring/shock kit which I think is crap for ride quality and handling.

Bringing this thread back to life, what do people think of the FK Konigsports? Koni shocks so surely these wont fail and will ride a lot better than FK streets? I want lows and thinking the konigsports would suit my needs of going low and surely the dampers wont fail because koni are quite a reputable company?

Bringing this thread back to life, what do people think of the FK Konigsports? Koni shocks so surely these wont fail and will ride a lot better than FK streets? I want lows and thinking the konigsports would suit my needs of going low and surely the dampers wont fail because koni are quite a reputable company?

They are one of the worst for failing apparently

Why's that? I thought koni are good? What about the fk silverlines then?
But i'll take your ultralows of you if your getting rid :icon_thumright:

They are, but as I said before people throw the helpers away thus making the dampers work outside of their operating conditions.

Tbh, the only thing your after is ultralows.

Ollie, beware of ignorant people who blindly criticise Konigsport shock without having used them.